Colouring New Client-Has had cancer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondie82

Reaction score
Hi all!! Just want to run something by u's, I have a new client booked in for Friday afternoon for colour, her daughter rang yesterday to book for her & I told her I would need to carry out a skin test first etc etc, but I since found out from a family member that this lady has cancer but she thinks it is under control at the minute but she said she knows this lady doesn't keep well. Her daughter did not mention this to me on the phone, anyway im not sure what stage this lady is at regarding treatment etc & she cant come to me until Wednesday for her skin test & I have no idea what her hair I like so I was just wondering what would be the best colour brand to use? Im a wella user so was thinking along the lines of CT or CT plus because it has no ammonia but I can get hold of most other brands too if any of you geeks think another brand would be better. I just don't want to use anything on her that would jeopardise her health. Thanks all!

There are a few threads on cancer and colouring using the search function. Its something I and a few other geeks have done and written about on here xoxo

Hi Tomme, yeah I had a read through those posts thanks, they were helpful but a lot of them don't mention exactly what brands they used, what did you use with your client when you were in that situation?

I'd personally check with your insurance company first, they may have restrictions or conditions about this. Or may say you can't go ahead at all.

I used igora, as that was the colour house I was using at the time.
But tested using a variety of manufacturers. Xoxo

Thanks for the replies. Im just a bit worried about using a permanent colour such as KP due to the PPd etc that it has but I know I'll have to wait & see what colour her hair is etc & what she is looking to achieve. I wonder should I do her skin test with KP if she is very grey and if shes not too grey I could do her skin test with CT plus??? Ohhhhhh I worry so much about these types of things!!lol

Skin test with them all. If you read the old threads about this you will get a good idea on what to do. Xoxo

thanks tomme, anyway I just had a phonecall this evening from her to say she wanted to cancel the colour as it was too much on an inconvenience to come for a skin test then come back for a colour! Awh well-that's the thanks you get for trying to do things by the book!:)

I had a client in remission who was told to avoid all chemicals so she dyed her own hair with organic natural dyes she bought. Id go careful with hair post cancer x

thanks tomme, anyway I just had a phonecall this evening from her to say she wanted to cancel the colour as it was too much on an inconvenience to come for a skin test then come back for a colour! Awh well-that's the thanks you get for trying to do things by the book!:)

It's not just by the book in this case, you were looking at protecting her health and making sure you wouldn't set back or cause problems with her treatment.
If she wants to go somewhere that will risk her life then let her, you have done the right thing, and missing out on a few pound but knowing you have done the right thing is worth more than anything.
I hope you really feel good knowing you are in the right while another salon may have problems sleeping. Xoxo

Thanks tomme, yeah I know ive done the right thing in this situation. I never would have carried out this service without being 100% sure that it was safe to do so. You would be shocked at the many salons in my area that I know do not carry out skin tests-its so dangerous & unprofessional!

Latest posts

Back