Colours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisamarie83

Reaction score
Has anyone used LK or rusk coloures before? What did you think of them? X

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone used LK or rusk coloures before? What did you think of them? X

My place of work use rusk aswell as wella.
Good colour results from the .01 range. shiny, conditioned result.
Just not a fat choice of reds/purples/coppers.
Affordable too as its in 100 ml tubes. X

I have been trying the Rusk colours myself and really pleased with them.. but not sure what's the TAC for? haven't used it just yet. I know it can be mixed with high lift tints to lift a shade lighter, however I was wondering what else could it be used for? can it be used on it's own? for shine etc?

I was gona try them along with wella, I've used wella most of my career but just feel abit bored wid it! Plus I've just branched out on my own an don't really wanna pay a fortune 4 a colour that I'm bored of! A girl who I used 2 work with uses xp colours & says ther fab but I've read a lot of bad reports on here. I don't really know much about the rusk colours so will av 2 read into it. Any advice on which colors r the nicest will b greatly appreciated. Thanx girls. X

I use Rusk colours and line them a lot! You can change the colour from permanent to Demi just by changing from peroxide to the Demi shine developer and I think their colour selection is good. They say to use 10 vol on grey hair but I use 20 vol, haven't used the high lifts yet but read on here that they were very good. Colours have a lot of shine and I think the clear adds some more gloss
There used to be a Rusk handbook you could download but I can't seem to find it

That's it girls! I'm converted! Ha. Gona start an stock up on them now. It's gona b trial & error I suppose. I'll see if I can find that handbook online. Thanx girls. X

Where I worked used lk . They are quite good if u mix properly . The hi lifts smell really strong tho ! The inly thing I didnt like aboit the range was the blonde choixes were limited but they have a lots of reds and coppers . They do fade quite abit tho too x
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Rusk colours and line them a lot! You can change the colour from permanent to Demi just by changing from peroxide to the Demi shine developer and I think their colour selection is good. They say to use 10 vol on grey hair but I use 20 vol, haven't used the high lifts yet but read on here that they were very good. Colours have a lot of shine and I think the clear adds some more gloss
There used to be a Rusk handbook you could download but I can't seem to find it

Hi as you been using it for a while I have a question I know not all colours can be used as demi but some yes.. however what happen if you use the permanent one with the demi peroxide? have u done that so far? and same here I have only used with 20vol and been getting 100% grey coverage so far. the reds,coppers,chocolates. love it...

Btw where do you girls buy it from? anywhere else that sell it apart from sallys? as I live in a small town and the nearest sallys is 20miles away. thank you

Hi as you been using it for a while I have a question I know not all colours can be used as demi but some yes.. however what happen if you use the permanent one with the demi peroxide? have u done that so far? and same here I have only used with 20vol and been getting 100% grey coverage so far. the reds,coppers,chocolates. love it...
The colours can be easily switched from permanent to Demi by changing the developers, Sally's stock them don't know if anyone else does and Sally's also do Rusk colour courses

I was gona try them along with wella, I've used wella most of my career but just feel abit bored wid it! Plus I've just branched out on my own an don't really wanna pay a fortune 4 a colour that I'm bored of! A girl who I used 2 work with uses xp colours & says ther fab but I've read a lot of bad reports on here. I don't really know much about the rusk colours so will av 2 read into it. Any advice on which colors r the nicest will b greatly appreciated. Thanx girls. X

To me, wella are better. More expensive but way more colour choice.
The rusk are good but not a very good colour choice for the reds, purples and coppers. I feel you may get bored of rusk x

The chocolates are gorgeous, 6.8 is my fave from rusk x

Latest posts

Back