Commission advice needed on hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katty198999

Reaction score
I am looking to rent a chair in a salon per day of £30.
I have told her I do extensions as well as hair dressing which no one in her salon does at the moment - and she wants to discuss the commission etc on that .. what does everyone else do regarding this - do they take a percentage or just tell her what I charge and ask her to add what she wants on top?
I’ve no idea what the going rate is as I would buy the hair in not her.

- and she wants to discuss the commission etc on that .. what does everyone else do regarding this - do they take a percentage or just tell her what I charge and ask her to add what she wants on top?

It’s not a good idea to mix commission plus daily rent as it can get too expensive & complicated in terms of book keeping, especially when you’re starting out. For the majority of hairdressers renting a chair, it’s either one or the other.
I’d tell her it’s a daily rent or no deal because with a daily rent, it makes managing your finances so much easier.
She sounds like someone who might try to control how you run your business... it starts off with commission on extensions, then she wants commission on colour services...then she wants you to charge the same prices as she does etc.

Latest posts

Back