Committing to CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieS

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm very much a novice to nails and have been reading and re-reading the threads on this site for a few weeks now. Thanks to all your great knowledge and advice I have finally decided to make the leap into doing nails which is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I dropped out of uni at 18 (not a good start I know!) and ended up doing a fairly basic office job to pay the bills and even though I've progressed, it's not something I love. I'm now in a fortunate position to make a change and this is what I want. I know it's not going to be easy or a quick-fix to my career by any means but I do want to give it a good try, with a view to becoming a professional technician, in salon or mobile, yet to be decided.

Reading all these posts, I've concluded that CND training is going to be the best route for me - as a novice I really want the best training and support I can lay my hands on. What I'd like to know is, what sort of time commitment I'll be looking at - I realise that it takes years of training and practice to become good, but what I'm worried about is fitting my full time day job around the training. (I work 9-5 Mon-Fri). I'm quite prepared to work evenings and use my holidays from work for on-site training (travelling is no problem) however, I only get 24days holiday per year and am worried this won't be enough? Giving up my job or even cutting down my hours is not an option for me, especially as I realise that CND training and all the equipment that I will require to make this transition will be expensive. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive just booked onto the CND Foundation course 5days + Brisa Gels as day 6.
Really looking forward to it with what im doing its 3days consectveley then a two week gap, then one day, and then another 2 week gap and another day. after that i think the lady said i had 3months in which to take day 6.
I persume exams/assesments are taken during those 5days. although im not sure??? -does any one know????

i know what you mean about work and hols we get 20days and only one of us can have hols at the same time! so i am working aload of sundays so i can take my 6course days as liew time. (downside i hate working sundays as only time i get with other half:cry:) Be worth it though i hope!!

Latest posts

Back