Competition standards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theden

Reaction score
I've just got back from a competition at a training school were I was a guest judge and to put it simply I was appalled by the standard of work it was rubbish and they were level 3 students that were almost qualified None of them had a clue what to do none of the hair was "finished" anywhere near to what I would think satisfactory makes you think what do students actually get taught nowadays !!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I've just got back from a competition at a training school were I was a guest judge and to put it simply I was appalled by the standard of work it was rubbish and they were level 3 students that were almost qualified None of them had a clue what to do none of the hair was "finished" anywhere near to what I would think satisfactory makes you think what do students actually get taught nowadays !!!

It's very sad! These kids coming out of beauty college recently are sloppy and lazy. The standards are atrocious! They put no effort into improving their skill, and expect to reap the same rewards as those of us who have been passionately perusing our love of good hair for years.

my main assistant is training with that college and because she's progressing faster. than the other students due to very often 1on1 training in salon they've just left her to get on with it and not helped her progress it's almost as if she's being punished for being passionate I'm thinking of taking her out of college and moving her to another x

my main assistant is training with that college and because she's progressing faster. than the other students due to very often 1on1 training in salon they've just left her to get on with it and not helped her progress it's almost as if she's being punished for being passionate I'm thinking of taking her out of college and moving her to another x

A smart move I would imagine.

it's just really irritating when like u say there are those of us who are passionate and have very high standards in our work but now it seems they'll sign anyone of regardless of how competent they are

it's just really irritating when like u say there are those of us who are passionate and have very high standards in our work but now it seems they'll sign anyone of regardless of how competent they are

I'm having the same trouble down here, I'm trying to find "teachable" students that have a small amount of knowledge and can do basics well... Oh boy! I've got my work cut out for me standards in colleges here are god awful!

Definitely switch college's.
The tutors should be ignoring the lazy and really pushing the passionate. The lazy ones should be left to rot in the corner and leave the college with their time wasted seeing as some see it as something to fill their time. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back