Complaint about eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes its a pain patch testing when you're mobile but you weigh up the cost of time and travel against what you'd pay out in compensation and reputation loss and suddenly it doesnt seem as bad! ;)

How do you do your patch test? We were originally taught to do a dab of glue behind the ear. Then it was changed to applying a few lashes, now a trainer has said go back to a dag of glue behind the ear. Would be good to know what most other people do.

I patch test by popping a few on each eye express style :)

I use the test as a consultation too, it gives you and your client a good understanding of what they would like out of a set of lashes. I use all the products and go through exactly the same procedure as a applying a full set but only just place two lashes on either eye :)

I'm surprised to hear a disclaimer is not worth anything! Will be checking out my facts then...shame all the ee courses I've been on never mentioned it. But since they are happy to train anyone doubt they care.

Hey honey, I'd patch test every new client for peace of mind for both of you but in this case I would apologise and ask the client to come back to see you and ask her to explain what the problem is with the eyelashes before issuing a refund. If its because of irritation, I'd keep her happy and say you will need to remove them professionally for free and then give her her refund.

If its because she's not happy with the overall look but she was at the time she left you, see if you can fix them but also ask and look to see she's been following her aftercare advice I.e using oily eye make up remover, picking them off etc.

Either way I'd say you'll have to take them off before issuing a refund if she's not happy with them, you'll soon know if she's trying to pull a fast one on you as she shouldn't have any reason to keep them on. X

I offer semi permanent makeup, not EE, and a patch test is on offer (tho for me the result is inconclusive and I'm insured whether the client has one or not, tho the client signs a disclaimer that they waive the option). If a client wants a patch test and can't get in to see me at a good time, I can put some of the pigment in a seal-able mini pigment pot, and a lancet to scratch themselves, and pop it in the post to them. I don't know if the EE glue stays liquid in a tiny pigment pot, but if it does, this could be an option for the mobile ladies, to post out a sample and get a patch test thing then signed.

Latest posts

Back