Complaint-what do I do and should I go to the police?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparadise

Reaction score
Hi I have had a really stressed day. I have been now a nail technician and beauty for 16 months. In that time I have had three complaints, one about a tan, one about shellac and one today about gels. I don't think that is really to bad. So usually I am confident enough in my work. But today really shook me.

Four weeks ago I did a girls nails and during the time she was with me she slagged off every beautician in her own town and is now using beautician and nails tech in my town 10 miles away, that again she said the technicians in my town were very poor. So I was very suspicious right away from her and really watched what I was doing. At the end of it I took a photo of the nails for my facebook and still have it.

She texted me a few days later saying her gel nails were lumpy and she wanted a refund. I said no I couldn't do that until I had seen the nails and assess her complaint to see if it was valid. So that was it, three weeks have now passed.

Her boyfriend came to my salon today and was really abusive. He said that no one rips his family off that I have now wrecked his girlfriends nails. That he was going to report to me to fair trading. To which I said ok that's fine. I still didn't budge on the refund as I have never seen the nails that I have done 4 weeks ago and now appear from what he has saying she has removed her self by ripping them off in the last few days causing damage to her nails, which SHE caused. But trying to explain that to a bloke just wasn't going to work.

I was left shaken and he told me to watch my back and go back to my own country. He left, he and his girlfriend are about 21. He wasn't screaming or shouting at me just being really really nasty. I really couldn't get why he was in and not her, but that is what happened.

I have all the texts from her including mine telling her to contact me for me to look at her nails. I am not to worried about fair trading as I do have my qualification and my insurance. I work from home, but so glad now that I did do things the right way. I am stressed and couldn't stop crying all afternoon. I left work early I felt so sick.

I would love advice on how to deal with people like this cause I am not that good at it, so any advice please. And if this has happened to anyone else. I don't know whether to go to the police and report the incident he really was nasty, but he wasn't shouting. Am just scared cause he did threaten me and told me to watch my back. I can't believe this has happened over a €30 set of nails. I don't know if this will make it worse going to the police or should I just let it go. I don't know anything about the family but he appeared rough to me. I don't know of anyone anyway who I personally know would of done that.

Sorry to rant in a bit of a shock and still upset. Any advice please?

How horrible for you! I would of been really shaken up aswel. If I was you because he threatened you I would contract your local police station and report it then if anything does happen it will be logged with them xx

You poor thing.
I'm sure you're scared and angry now. I never had such an experience, and i don't know if i did, if i would go to the police at this stage.
I'm so sorry i can't help you.

This kind of thing should not be allowed to go unreported. He threatened you and you are clearly still upset about it. Obviously it's your decision, but I would not hesitate to report this incident to the Police.

As to how you handled the complaint, it sounds like she does this all the time so good for you to sticking to your guns.

Oh my god! Absolutely shocking! How long has it been now, 4 weeks? You still haven't received any evidence from her that her nails where 'lumpy' & she sent a BULLY in to try an get a refund nearly a month later?? Seriously!! You have been THREATENED - shouting or not - I would definitely report this to the police? Hope your ok 😉😊

police ?

oh my, that's horrible!

I would definitely keep all texts, photos, and if the call save the messages too. Go and log a complaint with the police. They might not do anything straight away but if something does happen they'll have a history of it.

It sounds like you handled it very professionally. I don't think you could have done it any different. I wouldn't let either of them in the salon again. If they show up keep them outside and direct them to your insurance company.

Hi, totally agree with the above, contact your local police so they have a log of it and if this girl and her boyfriend come back advise them you have already reported them, that should send them running :0D x

You poor thing! How horrible for you.

Yes, definitely report this (racist) thug to the police.

Sounds like you did everything you could to resolve her problem and she didn't come back so you could check and possibly repair any problems.

I hope you're ok now :) don't let these bullies frighten you x

Definitely report it so its logged. The police will give you an incident number for your records and you can say you don't want it taken further, just logged at this stage.

I would also say to contact your insurance company for advice. You've had a complaint and its what they are their for. Again it's just to log it in case anything further gets said.

Keep all the pics and texts. Don't react back at all if you get anymore.
You're handling it very well and I am sending a HUGE virtual hug for you!!
It must have been awful!

You're doing completely the right thing and did not deserve such abuse.
Keep strong!! :hug:

How horrible for you! Report him! It may have happened to other therapists already too and/or it could help future therapist that these nasty people con!
I wouldn't hesitate to call the police. He's threatened you. If you alert them they maybe able to do something to help with security. And if he were to come back to live up to his threats an you had to call the police they would know to make it a priority as he's already threatened you.
But....And I don't want to scare you because it probably is more than likely to be empty words however if he did do something it's logged with the police already and would help to build a case.
REPORT HIM, REPORT HIM, REPORT HIM!!! Xxxxxx

I would report this to the police because he has told u to watch your back!! And god forbid he decided to do anything to your house or you the police will have a report to say he threatened you before the incident. Its a serious thing to do to someone. Sorry to hear you have been through that, no one should be threatened. Hope you are ok xxx

As an ex police offer I can offer some advice on this.
Telling you to go back to your own country is classed as a racist remark.
For that if you report the police will take seriously and may well arrest him. Then you will be required to provide a statement.
It's no longer a case of being able to report to the police just in case something else happens.
If you report they will take serious action.
Other offences you have is now harassment which if these threats have happened more than once he can be arrested for. So if u want nothing done but choose to report to the police this will not happen and you will be asked for a statement. remember - he will be arrested etc.

I agree with reporting ot to thwart police, even if just to bring it to their attention this guy has threatened you and should anything come of it they have a case started, plus someone else may have reported him for the same thing so they're able to build a digger case!

I don't think anything will come of it, but your safety is of utmost concern here!!

I remember dealing with complaints back at a call center i worked with for a while and one guy was going mental at my boss, new our offices threatened to come up and wait for her to leave work.... She just simply said now that's silly to threaten me sir when i have your address details in front of me, expect a knock on the door from thwart police, call us back when you have calmed sown to discuss your complaint.... Then phoned the police, they went round he called to apologise, moral of the story just call to advise them, tell them your concerns and they will advise best action :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I would report it, if they decide to pull any more stunts or threaten you further then the police will have proof of it happening in the past and be able to nip it in the bud for you.

What an arse!

Erm....He told you to watch your back! Definitely police. Definitely.

No wonder you were scared. Bloody bully. Good for you for standing your ground and not refunding! You must be a tough cookie, I would have given in!

:hug:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Oh God, you poor thing, I would have been so upset and scared (and I am 45 years old and can hold my own!!) so I understand how you are feeling, it can really knock your confidence, let alone be feeling a bit wary. Big hugs being sent your way. I don't need to add any advice as I would just be repeating what everyone else has said. What a sad world we live in.
I do hope you are ok hun, you have us geeks to talk to if you need us xx

As an ex police offer I can offer some advice on this.
Telling you to go back to your own country is classed as a racist remark.
For that if you report the police will take seriously and may well arrest him. Then you will be required to provide a statement.
It's no longer a case of being able to report to the police just in case something else happens.
If you report they will take serious action.
Other offences you have is now harassment which if these threats have happened more than once he can be arrested for. So if u want nothing done but choose to report to the police this will not happen and you will be asked for a statement. remember - he will be arrested etc.

That's interesting, would Citizens Advice be of any use in a case like this ? Do you think he should be arrested ?

I'd report to the police especially as you work from home x

I currently work for the police and my opinion is this ....
Regarding the 'service' provided.. that is a civil matter, regarding the aggressive behaviour that is wrong.
Anything relating to 'race' is now classed as a hate-race incident, which is taken seriously and is a priority .. his manner is not harassment as its once, but he needs addressing.
Report it and ask the police you wish him to be spoken to. He could be arrested if the hate crime is severe but he will most definitely be given strong words of advice.

Call 101 or visit local station .. If you need any further help then message me.
Keep us posted x

Aside from the fact that this person has threatened you his girlfriend is already guilty of defamation and slander of the other therapists/salons used. Don't become a victim, know your rights and do as you did today, stand tall.

Best of luck and don't let cheap threats frighten you.

X

Latest posts

Back