Conditioner vs clear - what's the difference when doing pastel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starboltz

Reaction score
So regarding diluting a direct dye, what's the point in using clear when you can use conditioner?

You're conditioning your hair, saving money, and you won't run out of conditioner so you'll always have it on hand.

I've been trying to find an answer, but can't find a definite answer except off non pro sites.

I know direct dyes sit on the surface but, surely if the cuticle is open slightly. Some molecules will sit under?

So clear would open the cuticle allowing some colour to penetrate? Lasting longer?

I could be wrong?

@adamlea87 and @cams97 and @jaymz are pretty clued up on colour.

I know direct dyes sit on the surface but, surely if the cuticle is open slightly. Some molecules will sit under?

So clear would open the cuticle allowing some colour to penetrate? Lasting longer?

I could be wrong?

@adamlea87 and @cams97 and @jaymz are pretty clued up on colour.

Clear as in a semi direct dye, like joico clear or even affinage pasteliser I meant sorry

Clear as in a semi direct dye, like joico clear or even affinage pasteliser I meant sorry
Ooh. Yeah. Didn't think of that... I was thinking it would be weird to mix a Demi or permanent into direct

Latest posts

Back