Confidence after acne

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautystar5

Reaction score
I had a huge problem with acne at the end of last year, which I've struggled but now slowly it's clearing up. I'm obviously thrilled, but my self confidence is still so low because I'm left with scars. I've considered microdermabrasion but I can't really afford regular treatments. Working in the beauty industry I want to be the best I can be...

Has any suffered like me? Any tips on getting rid of scars? Pleaaaaase :)

I know exactly how you feel I surfer from breakouts all the time it seems every six months for about 3 months I get huge break outs I'm in one now, I've got about 6 on my face and there not small either, there more like boils, the massive bumps you get under the skin and where I try to cover them up or make them look less noticeable I end up making them worse and like now I'm walking around with my head down trying to hide them 😔😔😔 it really knocks your confidence doesn't it

What I used over the last year is aloe Vera gel. It seem to work really well, it's good at bringing the spot out due to the tea tree but also with it's soothing ingredients it's good at calming them down and letting the face heel after wards. Another one that could work is dark spot corrector of you've for dark scars.

Hope that's of some help and I hope my horrible breakout dissapeRs soon!! 😔

I get really nasty ones on my chin and along my jawline, all hormonal due to my ovary problems :( best thing I've tried for the scars is bio oil, in response to above poster^ I've heard aloe Vera is fab too, hope they clear up soon and I'm sure you still look gorgeous xxx

Check out Melanie Murphy (mela niie) on YouTube, she has loads of videos about her acne, scarring, covering it, treating it, anything you could want!

Amanda xx

Thanks for all the advice, il definitely try those products :) I've been to the doctors and they've given me a gel and tablets, initially they work but I'm still left with scars - which looks as though I have more spots than I do, which I hate in this summery weather as I don't want to wear makeup!

Maybe have a look into skin needling. I'm no expert in this field, but heard it can treat acne scarring.

I had very bad acne as well, as I have PCOS and it's one of the symptoms. and as an Esthetician and a medical Esthetician it drove me absolutely crazy that I'd advise people on how to treat, prevent and maintain their acne with fantastic product, while I was walking around with a horrible acne problem! Although my problem wasn't external, it was an internal hormonal issue, so although I knew exactly how to prevent it, it didn't matter what I did I needed a little medical help - went on tetracycline, which didn't work for me, then finally on acutane which was a miracle.

And of corse I was also left with scaring. As a medical Esthetician I knew the best solution to reducing scaring is definitely microdermabrasion or IPL.... Since I no longer work in a medical clinic, I can't afford regular $100+ treatments biweekly or monthly for that matter! What I do is I go to the college I did my medical Esthetics schooling by weekly and get treatments for peanuts. Although the students are only in training, the school I went to is extremely thorough and the teacher is beside the student the entire treatments, so if anything I'm getting the same if not better treatment then if I were at a medical spa. Sometimes I'm even the model infront of the entires class (tehehe) where the teacher ends up preform oh my god extra services on me! (And at the same time it give the students some good practice)

With makeup before treatments
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406056003.895935.jpg

After without foundation and with foundation

No foundation at all!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406056231.865222.jpg
Full face makeup lol ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406056296.819915.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406055943.851814.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406055943.851814.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 72
Oops the last picture with the pink shirt isn't in the right category, i wanted to mention that this is with no foundation only about 6 months after treatments.

You look amazing! I'm actually nearly finished with my level 3 beauty apprenticeship, so I go to college once a week and work the rest so I don't have a chance to go in and get it cheap! Would you recommend I try the acutane?

You look amazing! I'm actually nearly finished with my level 3 beauty apprenticeship, so I go to college once a week and work the rest so I don't have a chance to go in and get it cheap! Would you recommend I try the acutane?

This is gonna sound extremely silly coming out of my mouth as I went on acutane myself.... But as an Esthetician I don't recommend anyone going on acutane just like that as a quick fix. I had a 5 year struggle, trying everything to help with it, and nothing helped. And trust me, as an Esthetician I thoroughly take care of my skin quite obsessively. this is when I started doing tests to figure out what was my problem, and we discovered I have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome). One of the side effects of it is cystic acne which is quite obvious on the pictures, even covered up with heavy coverage makeup. It was only then that I had to rely on my last resort/ worst nightmare of going on acutane.

Now, the side effects are quite intense! But in my case the side effects outweighed the final results so I went for it. Do a lot of research on it before talking to your doctor about it!!! Its definitely not a mild medication.

If I was you id try going on a very natural organic topic acne skin care regime such as Eminence or Aveda for a solid, very regimented 6 months. If this doesn't work talk to your doctor about tetrocyclin, and if you still have no luck, THEN acutane.

I use elemis tri enzyme products I swear by them! I have pcos so I have also had bad skin and scarring! But I love theses products!

Please don't think that roaccutane is the easy answer. As has been said, the side effects can be severe. Watch the programme "dying for clear skin" to give you an idea.
Needling is an option, as is home needling - using smaller needles than in salon, not doing it yourself at home!
We have great results with environ skincare and supplements from the advanced nutrition programme so look at what else is iout there.

Vicki

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just read it, couldn't believe how much I can relate to this! It's so hard in this industry, you're giving people facials and advice for amazing skin when I myself don't have it. My manager is lovely and said my personality shines through mad my boyfriend and doctor say it's probably more of a problem to me, and other people don't notice it.

Il keep trying and hopefully find a cure one day.
Thanks for all the advice, good to know I'm not alone with this horrible condition xo

Latest posts

Back