Confidence, practice and clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantshaw90

Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first time posting on here, so bare with me.
I am a fully qualified nail technician, i went to college for a year and got my qualifications in manicure, pedicure, acrylics and luxury treatments. This was over 2-3 years ago.
However, in years since qualified i have been on and off doing nails, and only doing people i know or friends and family. I did build myself a small circle of family/friends.
However This past 18months i have hardly done any nails, this mainly because of personal problems and family problems getting in the way.
Recently i did a friends nails and realised how i miss it and want to get back into it.
I have bad confidence, and struggle to push myself at times. I also think i need more practice and build myself a proper client list.
When i did my college course i felt that one to one training was never there, and the whole course was rushed or half hearted and they just wanted u pass regardless.
I dont have money to do any extra training at the moment, as i am getting married in November. So i need to work with what i have. I work in a shop involving retail and only work 2 days a week.
I am mobile, i have all my kit, plus i still have my insurance, and a car. What i am asking is are there any ideas how i can get confidence back? Do i start asking friends family again and only charge cost to get my profile back up? Or do i push myself in the deep end and go into a shop and practice for small fee? Any ideas/suggestions or stories welcome.

I know you've said cash is limited but I really think your best option would be more training, even if it was a couple of hours 1-2-1 to go over what you specifically want to address. It's no good practising bad habits as you just reinforce them, you can't correct what you don't know you are doing wrong. If you plan to make this a business then you need to invest in yourself, it's not a waste of money, it's the foundation of your business.

Training and knowledge will give you confidence

You can advertise as a training offer to get in clients to work on who won’t expect them to be perfect and then you can practice your techniques and speed

Latest posts

Back