Confused about vat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa lou

Reaction score
hello sorry to keep bothering you but i'm a bit new and a bit scared :irked:
i'm going to be renting a room above a hairdressers shortly and i'm wandering do i have to be vat registered and if so how do i go about it xxx i'm so bloody confused as soon as i think i'm sorted something else pops into my head lol :irked:

Hey there Lisa Lou,

You only need to be registered for VAT if your turnover is greater than £67,000.00 pa. You should just register as self employed wiht HMRC.

Good luck with your new venture!

Emx

Hi no u dont have to be,

u only have to be once ur over 64k turnover threshold...(think thats the right figure) although u can if under if u really want to claim back vat etc. but ur accounts have to be tip top and subject to auditing from both vat and tax man hth's :)

I'm not an expert but as far as i'm aware if the turnover of your business is under £65,000 then you do not need to register for Vat.
If you call Hm Revenue and customs, or business link, they are really helpful and will tell you everything you need to know about becoming self employeed or starting up a business!!
HTH x

Latest posts

Back