confused again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annie

Reaction score
:confused: Have just finished my foundation course at CND in Leeds and am not sure about using the cuticle remover and the precision pushie. During our prep we had to scrape over the nail plate towards the cuticle and in doing so what seemed like the surface of the nail came off (yuk) After doing a manicure course at college and being taught to carefully use a cuticle knife so as not to scratch the nail plate I was surprised and not sure if what I am doing is right. Can anyone put me right on this one please
Annie

Hi annie

Have pm an explaination hope it helps

annie said:
:confused: Have just finished my foundation course at CND in Leeds and am not sure about using the cuticle remover and the precision pushie. During our prep we had to scrape over the nail plate towards the cuticle and in doing so what seemed like the surface of the nail came off (yuk) After doing a manicure course at college and being taught to carefully use a cuticle knife so as not to scratch the nail plate I was surprised and not sure if what I am doing is right. Can anyone put me right on this one please
Annie
I think the CND instructions read to apply cuticle remover and then to gently push back and remove the non living cuticle using the pushie. The pushie does not scratch the nail plate at all. BUT ...

If you feel more comfortable to do this using your cuticle knife then do so, it's a perfectly good tool for the job in the right hands.

Cuticle remover is such a brilliant product that it does swell the non living cuticle and removes it like a dream ... its not Yucky ... its fab and its not the surface of the nail plate but only dead skin cells that are being removed.

Creative PREP is probably the most gentle prep routine in the nail industry and with the least steps and no surface roughing of the plate.

Now you explain it like that I feel happier about doing it, I was afraid I may damage the nail plate. I do use the pushie gently and agree it is a great tool and easy to use. I wish that CND did a video of the foundation course though because I really enjoyed it but felt there was so much to take in and remember in 4 days.

There is a tremendous amount to take in in the 4 days ... just remember that it is the start of a year long route to becoming a Creative Master Technician. It is by no means the finish of your education. ;)

Creative take into account at every step, the health of the natural nail. Everything is done with an eye to protecting it. You needn't worry on that score. But it is good that you have the same mind.

You should have your printed student workbook to help to refresh your memory , which is a big help if you read through it a few times. It all sinks in. And of course you are welcome to browse this site and search for anything that may help you or you can "ask a geek" because we are here to help you become successful. Naturally at this stage you will have many many queries.
NEVER be afraid to ask.

Thanks for that I know everyone has been in my position at some time or another and it certainly helps to read many of the postings I might go so far as to say i'm addicted!!

Latest posts

Back