Confused newbie manicure and Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah31085

Reaction score
hello beautiful people i need your help and i know what a knowledgeable bunch you all are :) . I am opening a beauty room in the next few weeks and im using gelish but what manicure range do you all think would go well with it ? do they have their own ? ive heard of all that jazz but again it don't seam to have a full manicure range can some one enlighten me please .. i know gelish is best done on dry nails but id love to have a complimentary manicure and pedicure range . am i going to have to have another brand ?

hello beautiful people i need your help and i know what a knowledgeable bunch you all are :) . I am opening a beauty room in the next few weeks and im using gelish but what manicure range do you all think would go well with it ? do they have their own ? ive heard of all that jazz but again it don't seam to have a full manicure range can some one enlighten me please .. i know gelish is best done on dry nails but id love to have a complimentary manicure and pedicure range . am i going to have to have another brand ?

In a word, yes! Harmony don't have a mani pedi line, or any prep products. All that jazz has a token gesture but not a full range. Seems most brands aside from Cnd are lacking here! I quite like the gena ranges from Louella belle but again not a full set, gets annoying having a bit of this and a bit of that!

The place where I did my Gelish training stocked China Glaze (and Shellac incidentally). I don't mind CG too much, but I'm loving Vinylux :)

The place where I did my Gelish training stocked China Glaze (and Shellac incidentally). I don't mind CG too much, but I'm loving Vinylux :)

does china glaze have amanicure range i have many of the polishes but kind of wanted something uniform and complete :( i thought of opi as they have polishes and products but concerned that they are sold everywhere :(

In a word, yes! Harmony don't have a mani pedi line, or any prep products. All that jazz has a token gesture but not a full range. Seems most brands aside from Cnd are lacking here! I quite like the gena ranges from Louella belle but again not a full set, gets annoying having a bit of this and a bit of that!

yes a bit of this a bit of that isnt what im aiming for really x ill have a look at gena x

The CND range of mani/ pedi products look amazing. Especially the way they are set up on a ritual tray in the YouTube videos x

The CND range of mani/ pedi products look amazing. Especially the way they are set up on a ritual tray in the YouTube videos x

would it look unprofessional to have cnd with gelish and not shellac ?

It depends how you market yourself. I use Gelish but use the Solar oil with it. My clients know that I use "the best quality" products that I have total faith in, so they know that I have different brands for different things. No one is surprised that I have a tube of Elisabeth Arden 8 hour cream on my nail desk. Wouldn't be without it.

yes a bit of this a bit of that isnt what im aiming for really x ill have a look at gena x

Think Cnd and OPI are the only top ranges with a complete range?? Then it's good old Kaeso and skin truth which I'm still using up from college lol. Harmony annoy me for this!!

No one is surprised that I have a tube of Elisabeth Arden 8 hour cream on my nail desk. Wouldn't be without it.

What do you use the 8 hour cream for?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I only know of 3 brands that have a complete range.
CND - Vinylux Polish, Mani & Pedi products, prep products, home care products
OPI - Polish, Mani & Pedi products, prep products, home care products (I'm not a fan that it's not a pro only company...but that's just my opinion)
Q-Tica - Zoya Polishes, Mani & Pedi products, prep products, home care products

I wouldn't see it as unprofessional. You wouldn't be mixing systems or anything, just using the best ranges for your business.
Also it would show you're not product biased and want to provide the best ranges in your option to use on your clients x

ive looked at cnd and think this is the way im going to go but can anyone tell me ive looked at their vids and seen the almond and citrus manicure vids but what makes the difference between a luxury and standard mani ? also with one being almond based it wouldnt be good for nut allergy sufferers ?

The difference is the treatment plan not the product range, in my understanding this is where an exfoliation and masque or oil treatment is added. Yes there has been some chat about the nut question- depends if it has any actual nut and I'm assuming it does, sure a Cnd mani tech will have more useful info!

What would you all class as being a 'full/complete range'?

What would you all class as being a 'full/complete range'?

Polish and manicure pedicure products for example cuticle oil mask exfoliant lotion soak etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Polish and manicure pedicure products for example cuticle oil mask exfoliant lotion soak etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's what I thought you meant.

Apart from a mask (but you could apply the cream in a thicker layer) All That Jazz have all the products you've mentioned.
There's a Hand/Foot Soak; Hand/Foot Scrub; Cuticle Remover; Cuticle Balm; Cuticle Oil; Hand/Foot Cream & a Massage Lotion. And they all come in 3 gorgeous smelling scents :)

Hi Guys!!
I'm new to this... go easy on me!! :)

Just done a quick google search so excuse my being late.
All That Jazz does have a complete manicure range, and there are 7 items:
Scrub, massage lotion, effervescent soak, cuticle oil, cuticle balm, hand cream and cuticle remover.

You can't see these unless you log in as they are trade prices - it's free to sign up and log in as trade and I'll authorise this for you.
We have 3 scents, Cucumber Apple, Chocolate Orange (my personal FAVE!) and Captivate, which is like a musky, coconut perfume.

Please feel free to contact me, you can email on [email protected] or ring on 0208 172 0595 and ask for me.

Latest posts

Back