Congestion skin in summer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lila22

Reaction score
I no there has been a recent thread on this but I have a different skin type and problem.
My skin is oily and prone to spots. My hormones are up and down but I no hormonal spots are normally round the chin.
my problem seems to be down the sides of my face and neck.
I had a whole summer last year upset with my skin but it seemed to clear up after taking diannette pill but had to come off that.
Skin seemed okish but last few weeks the spots are coming back.
My skin feels greasy all the time.
I use dermalogica clay cleanser, daily microfolient and active moist. With the clay mask once a week and try to steam.
I also sleep with my hair up so not touching my skin.
I have a tablet I've been taking for months called tetralysal and use a spot gel.
Just wondering if any advice could be given, I just do nails so not a great knowledge on skin care. Thank you in advance xx

Hi lila, the tablet you are on for skin takes months and months to really get to work and i would say go back to basics and literally just cleanse and moisturise skin, nothing with too many ingredients in as they could be upsetting your skin ( you are more prone than some!!) stop all the masks etc as they may be aggravating rather than healing. Stop using daily micro foliant personally. Too much cleansing of the skin can take away the skins natural oils and so the body will produce more oils to compensate.

Squidgernetball on here is very good at skincare, hopefully she will post and give you some ideas of what you could use, if not pm her xx

Hi lila, the tablet you are on for skin takes months and months to really get to work and i would say go back to basics and literally just cleanse and moisturise skin, nothing with too many ingredients in as they could be upsetting your skin ( you are more prone than some!!) stop all the masks etc as they may be aggravating rather than healing. Stop using daily micro foliant personally. Too much cleansing of the skin can take away the skins natural oils and so the body will produce more oils to compensate.

Squidgernetball on here is very good at skincare, hopefully she will post and give you some ideas of what you could use, if not pm her xx

Ah thank you petal, just dreading another summer feeling spotty plus they are leaving scares, i will defiantly cut out what you said, i think even the spot cream is making me feel yuck as smothering chemicals all over my face every night.
Thank you for your reply i really appreciate it :) x x

Do find an authorised Environ salon and try the Skin Accumax supplements and the result driven products from the B Active range especially designed products for problem skin from Environ. They really do give great results.

I'm confident squidgernetball will mirror my recommendations. .. (She will, we promote the same skincare brand. Lol)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Aah! Thanks babes!!!

Definitely agree with taking it back to basics. Definitely agree with trying to find an Environ salon. Just a thought from leftfield - this kind of skin reaction can possibly be from sls which is found in most facial washes and shampoos. Try an AVST cleanser from Environ as oppose to the wash as it can be a lot gentler.

Wish you were nearer! What make up are you using?

Vic x

Also, don't know if you have a pet, but ensure mega cleanliness, and don't touch your face - whether you have a pet or not. So many people come in and talk about their skin and touch their face 20 times while they're talking!

V x

Thank you so much for replies ladies, I will look into finding a salon in my area.
Yes I wish I was closer to you to as you seem to no your stuff.
I use mac studio tech which is oil free and non comegenic.
I don't touch my face, have my own face towel and won't even let anyone lie near my pillow.
Like I said I even keep my hair tired up every night so much so it's all snapped underneath.
I don't have pets either.
Thank you for the recommendations I will look into that as think my skin needs something different, I used the dermalogica for years!! Xxx

Latest posts

Back