Contract advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherylj45

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on contract terms and conditions for a stylist on 60/40 split? Just trying to get legal sides sorted. Thought of 10 days free holiday including no more than 2 Saturday's. Thereafter an average payment of takings should be paid. Any other info you think should be in there?

Why would you give any holiday? And why would you think you can dictate how many Saturdays they take off? A self employed stylist is self employed?

I just find the whole thing of percentage split really confusing and potentially with poor earnings so decided to just do a flat rental. No holidays, no days off, holidays etc. They do what they like, when they like and pay every week, no matter what.

Sorry no help to the op but it's a very grey area. If they don't work, there's nothing to give you a percentage of. As they're self employed they can do what they like.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why would you give any holiday? And why would you think you can dictate how many Saturdays they take off? A self employed stylist is self employed?

Because the business has needs and whilst self emplyed can do what they like I still have bills to pay. I can't just take a week off and not pay rent! It's a business decision not a personal one. Trying to cover the salon so people don't take the mick

I just find the whole thing of percentage split really confusing and potentially with poor earnings so decided to just do a flat rental. No holidays, no days off, holidays etc. They do what they like, when they like and pay every week, no matter what.

Sorry no help to the op but it's a very grey area. If they don't work, there's nothing to give you a percentage of. As they're self employed they can do what they like.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I totally agree. What rate do you charge per day. I'm thinking this is going to be more beneficial to me. I'm needing to cover myself on a weekly basis. Also like you say. Whilst they're off they don't pay,I'm out of pocket

I totally agree. What rate do you charge per day. I'm thinking this is going to be more beneficial to me. I'm needing to cover myself on a weekly basis. Also like you say. Whilst they're off they don't pay,I'm out of pocket

I rent out two very small treatment rooms at £25 each per day. That includes towels and couch covers so we have uniformity throughout, tea, coffee and all heating. If someone wanted a week, I would do a reduction. We are in a barn in the middle of nowhere and they are well used.

The therapists come and go as they please, and may text to ask me to put the heating on which is never a problem.

A percentage split is okay if you have someone busy and committed, but I cannot see it working if you have a therapist with minimum clientele, or who just can't be ar$ed!

Vic x

I rent out two very small treatment rooms at £25 each per day. That includes towels and couch covers so we have uniformity throughout, tea, coffee and all heating. If someone wanted a week, I would do a reduction. We are in a barn in the middle of nowhere and they are well used.

The therapists come and go as they please, and may text to ask me to put the heating on which is never a problem.

A percentage split is okay if you have someone busy and committed, but I cannot see it working if you have a therapist with minimum clientele, or who just can't be ar$ed!

Vic x

Thanks for the advice x

Latest posts

Back