Coronavirus alternative business ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any brainwaves of other ways we can earn whilst isolating? Someone suggested vouchers that clients can buy so that they have the assurance that they will get an appointment when we are all safe? Not sure how to do this? Also retail? Was also wondering about keeping your business alive during this time ie: social media? Anyone got any suggestions or doing anything at the moment? Its a very worrying time for all.

I'm happy to help people get setup online to take payments for gift cards completely free of charge on my part!

Also anyone with a WordPress website needing to put a notice on their site regarding Covid-19, I will also do this for free.

It's important to help each other.

I’m going to create little how to videos, giving away information for free and set up a Facebook shop. If I intersperse demo vids of what I have for sale with info vids I’m hoping I’ll get a bit of custom.

you can offer virtual face to face advice which is a nice touch.

I’m going to create little how to videos, giving away information for free and set up a Facebook shop. If I intersperse demo vids of what I have for sale with info vids I’m hoping I’ll get a bit of custom.

you can offer virtual face to face advice which is a nice touch.

would love to see this! ive hit a wall for what to do.

@BannerPenguin thats very kind you have offerd to help people for free.
we really need to advise each other and support as its a strange time.

could we maybe make a thread or use this one where we can all post what we are doing for our work atm?
any funny memes/giffs/vidoes

and even ways to advertise for when we can get bank? or any nail challenges for us to do?
i have ideas but i need others to help me.

sending love to you all

just tried to make a thread but it says i dont have permission.

Last edited:
Hi all, we have created a series of blog posts aimed at growing your business during lock down, if you are interested in a link to read them please DM me. It's a difficult time for all businesses just now but together we can offer each other a huge amount of support and ideas to not only get through it but to flourish. Love Kim xx

would love to see this! ive hit a wall for what to do.

@BannerPenguin thats very kind you have offerd to help people for free.
we really need to advise each other and support as its a strange time.

could we maybe make a thread or use this one where we can all post what we are doing for our work atm?
any funny memes/giffs/vidoes

and even ways to advertise for when we can get bank? or any nail challenges for us to do?
i have ideas but i need others to help me.

sending love to you all

just tried to make a thread but it says i dont have permission.

id love to know too and thank you for offering it for free x

Hi all, we have created a series of blog posts aimed at growing your business during lock down, if you are interested in a link to read them please DM me. It's a difficult time for all businesses just now but together we can offer each other a huge amount of support and ideas to not only get through it but to flourish. Love Kim xx

Hi , I would be interested in any help. Was starting up before lockdown. So been practicing alot and sorting merchandise out for printing etc. Do I still do a leaflet drop when all this is over. I have a FB page and insta account. But need helpX I have cabin in my garden all ready to go...

Hi , I would be interested in any help. Was starting up before lockdown. So been practicing alot and sorting merchandise out for printing etc. Do I still do a leaflet drop when all this is over. I have a FB page and insta account. But need helpX I have cabin in my garden all ready to go...
If you've got your branding done then getting your printing sorted ready for a leaflet drop isn't a bad idea. If you need a quote, let me know.

A website is going to be a big thing and as you have time on your hands while we are on lockdown, it's a good time to get the ball rolling, again, let me know if you need a quote.

Regarding the leaflet drop, I reckon if you do it as soon as we are allowed out - literally the same day or next day - it could be effective.

I considered vouchers but because this is so serious..Imagine if the client sadly died and you had to pay the money back. Or they lost their job too and needed a refund and I’d used it to buy food if I get into dire circumstances...

I dread to think.

I could do phone consultations and advice but i’m not in the right frame of mind. I need the time off now.

I considered vouchers but because this is so serious..Imagine if the client sadly died and you had to pay the money back. Or they lost their job too and needed a refund and I’d used it to buy food if I get into dire circumstances...

I dread to think.

I could do phone consultations and advice but i’m not in the right frame of mind. I need the time off now.
I'm sure they can give the voucher to a friend or family.
If they want to buy one they will [emoji813]️[emoji813]️[emoji813]️

Hi. Could I have the link please

I’d love the link too please xxx Thankyou! X

Please could I have the link too xx

Anyone wanting the link should please PM @BeautyApp directly please.

Latest posts

Back