Couples massage enquiries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
Over the last couple of months I've had a few enquiries asking if I do a 'couples massage'. I've always replied that as I am a sole therapist, I can only do one massage following on from the other. Sugesting the second person could go to a local coffee shop, or wait in the hallway where I have books and magazines.
What are they actually looking for? I've seen a few spas offer 'couples massage' where I assume it's two therapists working on two people in the same room at the same time. Is that right?

Yea I would say that's right, in a place I previously worked we had a double room so both could be in the same room at the same time having treatments, it's quite a nice thing to do for the therapists as well rather than be in the room on your own. Alternatively, if that room wasn't available, lots of couples would be happy with being in separate rooms but having treatments at the same time. I work on my own now so can't do this, I offer them to wait in the waiting area with a drink which some are happy to do but unfortunately I don't think it has quite the same feel to it! :)

I only have one room but last year I did couples treatments with another therapist that I just paid by the hour for the few days. Luckily enough that the room is big enough for 2 treatment beds etc. it worked out really well and I'll be doing the same this year.

Latest posts

Back