Cracking acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny al

Reaction score
Hi,

i am a first timer to nail geek! i am training to become a nail tech and loving it!! although i have left it bit late im 38!!

several of my friends let me pratice on them and all is/was going really really well i impressed myself! lol at the moment i am using acrylic and as i say all going well friends really pleased bar none, she told me 2 days ago one nail had cracked which i put down to trauma, now today she has told me 3 nails have cracks, now my confidence and self belief has nose dived BAD! i dont know for the life of me why this has happend all my other sets i have done are fine, i cant get to speak to my tutor untill next week!!!!!!!!!!!! please help

Al :cry:

You dont say in your profile which system of acrylic you are using? this may help you get better advise. Are you sure your friend is not biting the nails as this is the only way I would see them crack, some people tap the nail on their teeth or squeeze the nail sideways in their teeth resulting in cracking ( I have a client that explained to me how she ended up with so many cracks on the edges and corners of her nails - it was through doing this).

I'm newbee and i'm using gel not acrylic so might not be any use. I had a number of clients that their nails cracked and I contacted the college where I trained and they said that although I was putting enough gel on, I was buffing it off to have the nail a natural thickness. Which is taking from the strength.

Maybe when your applying the product your not putting enough product on???

The best of luck. PS It must be a mid-life thing - i'm 38 aswell and think why not!

Redser:)

Ah ha, i have the same problem with a product called glaze and go.
i re-watched the instructive dvd and that said the same be aware of putting enough product on as when its too thin a layer it can/will crack.

when i was learning some of my acrylic sets that were too thin snapped like natural nails, across the stress line and subsequently clients would bite them off. I never heard back about cracks, just snaps/pops/falls. Alot of the time this is due to stress on the nail or biting. I have had no trouble when i give out written care advise, just telling clients to take care isnt enough(for me) i have to have it written to remind clients not to bite, pick, poke, pull etc.

Latest posts

Back