Creating a new toe nail with acrylic.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I apologise I know this has been discussed on here a few times before , but Ive had a lady email me requiring a toe nail extension on a toe where the nail is missing .
Im not sure at the moment if its completly or partly missing,but have been trying to do a search to see when others have done this how long they last for . Am I right in saying if there is some nail then they will last longer? And if so for those of you that have done it can you tell me how long they lasted for please?
Its something Ive never done, and would like to try, but Im going to be disheartened if she books tells me a couple of days later its fallen off :o.
Also is it possible to do in a french , or would it better to do in a natural and cover with polish ?
Many thanks x

Hi, I make the toenail by wrapping a bit of tinfoil around the toe and make the nail on top, once set I remove and then file ( a bit of a pain) normaly my customers buy sprit gum from a party shop this will then stick the nail safely to the skin, and looks fantastic for the day. I use this way only when my client has no toenail at all

hth
sharon
xx

i have had several clients with little or no toe nail and I normally sculpt it on. Depending on the amount of nail depicts how long it lasts. one client with no nail it would normally last a few days to a week, but if she was going on holiday she would just take glue with her. Be realistic with your clients, the nail will not last long, but normally they only want it for a night out or holiday.

i have had several clients with little or no toe nail and I normally sculpt it on. Depending on the amount of nail depicts how long it lasts. one client with no nail it would normally last a few days to a week, but if she was going on holiday she would just take glue with her. Be realistic with your clients, the nail will not last long, but normally they only want it for a night out or holiday.

OK great thanks for that, just need to find out still if I can do it in french please?

No reason you cant do it in French but if it is a little toe nail more than likely it will come off due to shoes ect and the fact that shes not had one for a while ,
Maybe better to make her one that she can stick on temporally for occasions and not expect it to last ?
I think it would depend as well what she has there now, if there is NO nail what so ever then you cant sculpt it and expect it to stay as it will only have skin to adhere to,
I think what I would do is get her in for a consultation then you can see the extent of what your dealing with and work out the best thing to do,
I would probably use my Arabella fantasy forms and a marker pen and work out the size and C curve needed and draw it on to the Arabella form then make it on there (this would also make it some what Easyr to do in French )

No reason you cant do it in French but if it is a little toe nail more than likely it will come off due to shoes ect and the fact that shes not had one for a while ,
Maybe better to make her one that she can stick on temporally for occasions and not expect it to last ?
I think it would depend as well what she has there now, if there is NO nail what so ever then you cant sculpt it and expect it to stay as it will only have skin to adhere to,
I think what I would do is get her in for a consultation then you can see the extent of what your dealing with and work out the best thing to do,
I would probably use my Arabella fantasy forms and a marker pen and work out the size and C curve needed and draw it on to the Arabella form then make it on there (this would also make it some what Easyr to do in French )

She has replied back and said there is some nail there,shes now asking how long its going to last and she also wants a pedicure before ,would this be advisable?
Oh Im not sure what to do,I am mobile and tbh shes slightly out of my area,Ive never done this before, so am a bit worried incase it doesnt last,part of me wants to give it a try and the other halves telling me to say shes out of my area,no can do .:o

i wouldnt do a wet pedicure before the nail. but a dry one would be fine.
you will find that the nail will alst a long time because her natural one wont be growing in a normal manner. i have clients that keep them on for litterally months..

i wouldnt do a wet pedicure before the nail. but a dry one would be fine.
you will find that the nail will alst a long time because her natural one wont be growing in a normal manner. i have clients that keep them on for litterally months..
And is there any suggestions to pro-longing the life of it like wearing opened toed shoes,and also when I done a search it said about not soaking it in the bath too long ???

Latest posts

Back