Creative and Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellabeautie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently at college doing my NVQ3 nails, which is including Acrylic and Gel. We are being taught using Creative products. I have completed nearly all of my assessments already, with just one left after the easter break which is a sculpt with gel.

When the course finishes (some time in july) somebody from Creative is coming to the college to assess us for £30 and if she passes us, we get a certificate to say we've trained with Creative. This is completely our own choice, we dont actually have to as we've already passed with the college. I will definately be doing it though, as I think its good.

We have 3 hours and have to do one hand tips and one hand sculpt (with acrylic). I am confident I will pass, but, although I have passed my assessments, I think I am not actually great at doing nails. The end result is really good (hence why Ive passed) but for instance, when I am doing nails at work, people that come back for infills, the regrowth is quite bad, and I always feel quite disheartened by it, and it takes me ages to do the infills because theres a lot of work.

When I am at college, theres so many other people who need help and attention (more than I would for instance) and the tutors have never sat and watched anybody do nails (they cant put all of their attnetion on one person when theres a class full I know). So, sorry for the long story, but even if I get this certificate from Creative, can I still do a course with creative? Because I have heard oither people say that they are absolutely fantastic and they sit and watch you (like a one2one) and tell you exactly where your going wrong or what technique you could use to stop things from happening etc... I think I would benefit loads from this, it would certainly be a confidence booster for someone to tell me how I could start perfecting things.
Jees, sorry to ramble on!! xx

Last edited by a moderator:
1:1 education is brilliant and you can work on exactly what you want to with your educator. Tbh, if you get the CND qualification it should be fine to go on and do further courses/classes with them. I think doing the extra assessment is a really good idea.

The best thing to do is call Sweet Squared on 0845 210 6060 and speak to the education department. The girls are lovley and so helpful and they can answer all your questions......

hth's

Latest posts

Back