Creepy male client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little-miss-owl

Reaction score
Hi guys

I offered to do a back massage for my electrician after he put my light up in my salon. During the treatment he was squirming around all over the place, making revolting noises and saying "oh your hands are amazing babe" etc etc. Ive done massage in hotels (previously to working on my own)for years and not much fazes me now, but he was properly awful. Maybe my description isn't doing the awfulness of it justice but hey ho.

He has just rung back for a repeat appointment and I REALLY do not want to go anywhere near him.

How can I diplomatically say please do one without being rude. He lives in the next village argh. Im working on my own and I really appreciate second opinions from people in the industry xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just be fully booked when he tries to book in? If you feel uncomfortable that is what I would do xx

Can't you just be to the point saying you glad he enjoyed the massage & say the technical terms of which muscles you worked on bla bla but how he'd probably benefit more if he laid still & relaxed & didn't give a running commentary?
Perhaps you could also tell him you find all your manual working clients real feel the benefit, just so he doesn't think he is anything special.
Or if he's too much & your happy to leave it awkward by always being fully booked, just avoid :) xx

I would have told him at the time his noises and remarks were making u uncomfortable and to tone it down or the appointment would be terminated there n then! Perhaps be firm and explain he needs to be a bit more respectful and mindful of how he conducts himself in future - with a different therapist.

I refuse to massage anyone who continuously make vulgar comments about the service. I had one guy who was a friend of my husbands ask if i could massage a certain personal area instead of his feet!! :eek:

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Why did you offer to massage him littlemissowl ? Most therapists would pay the electrician money to buy himself a pint.

I know every type of man on this planet, and I would've got the whip out on that one :twisted: :green:

Hi guys

I offered to do a back massage for my electrician after he put my light up in my salon. During the treatment he was squirming around all over the place, making revolting noises and saying "oh your hands are amazing babe" etc etc. Ive done massage in hotels (previously to working on my own)for years and not much fazes me now, but he was properly awful. Maybe my description isn't doing the awfulness of it justice but hey ho.

He has just rung back for a repeat appointment and I REALLY do not want to go anywhere near him.

How can I diplomatically say please do one without being rude. He lives in the next village argh. Im working on my own and I really appreciate second opinions from people in the industry xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you invite him to have another massage you are telling him that his behaviour was absolutely fine. This will be a green light, end of.

I live in the land of creeps ... I have different ways of stopping them dead in their tracks.

With him I would say.. Would love to rebook as long as it doesn't sound like the donkey show again.

Keep in mind that I am pretty blunt with my clients and clients like that I don't mind losing.

I had a client similar and when he phoned to book in again I told him I no longer carry out treatments on men, he didn't ask any questions after that and hasn't tried to book in again. It's better to be safe and it's not worth doing a treatment on someone that makes you feel uncomfortable, especially if you are on your own!

Latest posts

Back