Critique my work!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FayeElizabeth89

Nail Technician in Training
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm still in training and did a full set of acrylics yesterday doing glitter encapsulation. Nearly everything I did on this set was something I haven't done before... the shape The glitter encapsulation... it's all new to me.

I know in my heart that there's huge room for improvement... from
The shape of the nails to the application of the acrylic.
So I thought I'd share a photo here and get some feedback.

See what other professionals think because most people have said they're awesome but I know as a professional they could be a lot better!

All
Feedback and advice welcome lol

Attachments

• IMG_1482.JPG
    IMG_1482.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 361
I'm a hairdresser so I know nothing about nails but I think they look lovely [emoji16][emoji85]

Hairdresser too. But if I got given those nails I'd be more than happy with them haha

It's sort of hard to see from the picture the shape of the nails from all angles and how smooth the finish is. From what I can see though is that the application looks smooth, particularly at the cuticles, the nails don't look bulky, the glitter looks well encapsulated. The shape is also pretty uniform in all the nails. If possible I'd maybe have filed the sides down a bit, the appearance of the nailbed is a bit round for my taste. YMMV of course and maybe the look you were going for is represented in the picture :)

I would definitely not mind getting a set from you :)

It's sort of hard to see from the picture the shape of the nails from all angles and how smooth the finish is. From what I can see though is that the application looks smooth, particularly at the cuticles, the nails don't look bulky, the glitter looks well encapsulated. The shape is also pretty uniform in all the nails. If possible I'd maybe have filed the sides down a bit, the appearance of the nailbed is a bit round for my taste. YMMV of course and maybe the look you were going for is represented in the picture :)

I would definitely not mind getting a set from you :)
Thank you.

I know what you mean about the roundness. That bugged me! I'm still learning though s I'm sure they won't always look like this lol

Wow! I think they look stunning for a first attempt, well done!
I would agree with the comment, just that they are a little too round, but that's neither here nor there! And only other nail technicians would probably notice that. They look fab!

Latest posts

Back