Cruelty-free products for MUA's?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaLaLayla

Reaction score
Hi, can I ask the MUA's amongst you if you know of any professional make-up ranges that do not test on animals?

Thanks a million!

As far as I am aware, Jane Iredale and Youngblood cosmetics do not test on animals.

Also, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, are vegan and cruelty free. You can purchase them here with trade discount: Cocktail Cosmetics.

Cocktail cosmetics has a range of good vegan and cruelty free make-up brands.

Thanks so much CharlieE! I have just been on the OCC website, I love it!!! I had never heard of them before. Thank you :D

No worries! OCC is a great brand! The "Lip Tars" are excellent, and really popular with Make-up Artist's. If you look up "Lip Tars" on youtube, you will see how fab they are. :)

Thanks CharlieE, I'll do that x

I write a vegan makeup blog so this is something I've looked into a lot! haha.

Most high-end brands are animal tested or owned by a company that tests.

Aside from the cruelty free brands already mentioned upthread, these spring to mind: Illamasqua, Ben Nye, Kryolan, Makeup Geek (US based), Inglot, Makeup Store, Too Faced, Eyeko, Neve, OCC, Sugarpill, Limecrime....
(I'm racking my brains to think what I have in my kit! haha)

A lot of cheaper brands are animal friendly and are good for some basic items and colours... such as No.7, M&S's Autograph range (which I actually love!), Sleek, MUA, GOSH, Superdrug's B, Collection, Barry M.

I find this to be a really helpful list! The Cruelty-Free A to Z - The Bunny Beautiful

Thanks so much, Salj. There's loads there for me to research, I really appreciate it. By the way, I would be really interested to read your blog, if you wouldn't mind sharing the details here or in PM. Thanks x

Neal's Yard for daytime/ natural make-up. They also have excellent eco-friendly policies, too.

As far as I am aware, Jane Iredale and Youngblood cosmetics do not test on animals.

I really like the look of Jane Iredale products but can't see where to purchase online. Is it shop visit only do you know? There's nowhere selling in Glasgow by the look of the site.

Thanks so much, Salj. There's loads there for me to research, I really appreciate it. By the way, I would be really interested to read your blog, if you wouldn't mind sharing the details here or in PM. Thanks x

No probs and it's www.love-lipstick.blogspot.com x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I write a vegan makeup blog so this is something I've looked into a lot! haha.

Most high-end brands are animal tested or owned by a company that tests.

Aside from the cruelty free brands already mentioned upthread, these spring to mind: Illamasqua, Ben Nye, Kryolan, Makeup Geek (US based), Inglot, Makeup Store, Too Faced, Eyeko, Neve, OCC, Sugarpill, Limecrime....
(I'm racking my brains to think what I have in my kit! haha)

A lot of cheaper brands are animal friendly and are good for some basic items and colours... such as No.7, M&S's Autograph range (which I actually love!), Sleek, MUA, GOSH, Superdrug's B, Collection, Barry M.

I find this to be a really helpful list! The Cruelty-Free A to Z - The Bunny Beautiful
Salj, only had quick browse of your blog but really like it. (can't see a thumbs up emoticon so you'll have to imagine it!)
Look at Cruelty free A-Z but couldn't work some of it out. Soap and Glory and OPI which I really and use have no sign at all beside them as do a good few others, do you know what this means? And I see @ means 'own brand only' but does that mean own brand is safe?
I see they have a contact us part on the site but thought I'd ask you first. (feel free to say "haw fatty away and do the research and questioning yourself!");)

Salj, only had quick browse of your blog but really like it. (can't see a thumbs up emoticon so you'll have to imagine it!)
Look at Cruelty free A-Z but couldn't work some of it out. Soap and Glory and OPI which I really and use have no sign at all beside them as do a good few others, do you know what this means? And I see @ means 'own brand only' but does that mean own brand is safe?
I see they have a contact us part on the site but thought I'd ask you first. (feel free to say "haw fatty away and do the research and questioning yourself!");)
Hey, no worries. All the companies on the list are "cruelty free". I put that in quotes because some of the companies on the list don't test but are owned by companies that do so their profits still go toward animal testing companies.

So the symbols are basically to say if they are BUAV approved, Vegan Society approved, have vegan products but don't have vegan soc approval or if the company is owned by a parent company that tests on animals.

Hey, no worries. All the companies on the list are "cruelty free". I put that in quotes because some of the companies on the list don't test but are owned by companies that do so their profits still go toward animal testing companies.

So the symbols are basically to say if they are BUAV approved, Vegan Society approved, have vegan products but don't have vegan soc approval or if the company is owned by a parent company that tests on animals.

Very many thanks for that.

Your blog's great. :)

We use Arbonne and young blood. Both are mineral, I know arbonne is vegan certified, not tested on animals both have great products that really work

To become a Jane Iredale stockist you need to contact http://www.iiaa.eu/ who are the UK distribution arm :)

I'm a little late responding but jane Iredale are certified by leaping bunny and listed on PETA as cruelty free.

X Aileen
Trainer for scotland
Iiaa

I cleared out all my make up that wasn't cruelty free and did a big Urban Decay shop yesterday. For some reason I had another check just minutes ago and Googled 'Is Urban Decay cruelty free?' and inundated with contradictory answers!! Having managed to track down the most recent answers, 2014 only, I think I'm okay. Sadly so many cruelty free sites are 2013 or older so double check everything. This buy will last me a wee while and I'll be trying Bare Minerals next. (well unless they too change things!)
I know there are lots of lovely looking make ups available online but I really need to see make up before I buy.

Latest posts

Back