Cruise ships

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorothy21

Reaction score
help got an interview with cruise ship can anyone help what treatments will i have to do scarred stiff lol

Try looking on the cruise ships website as the should have a treatment list, would be good for you to go into the interview with some product knowledge, companies love to know you've researched them and the job you're going for

Good luck!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

thanks good place to start

Hi, I worked on the cruise ships 7 years ago and for my trade test it was a back massage.
Make sure your up to date with your techniques as they will be viewing the treatment very closely. Good luck im surfe you will pass with flying colours!

Hello, I worked on the ships last year and the trade test at the time was a back neck and shoulder massage, they really look at your technique and they check that you can maintain a constant pressure throughout. You also have to do public speaking, so talking about yourself for 2 minutes in front of a group of people, they also ask you questions such as why you think you would work well on ships. Good Luck :D x

thanks for u time ladies its monday

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is fab you must be so excited! I have been wondering since you said it was monday. I am really pleased for you. Do you know which area your ship will be in?

Well done!! xx

Thanks x got my visa yesterday. it was a long day has anyone got any advice for me.

You will love it, I worked in the hair salon on the cunard princess and looking back the fun we had was fantastic. When you go in stay focused and confident like you would when you first started out working. Try to look calm under pressure and always smile as on cruise ships you have to have a permanent welcoming grin on your face till it aches. Always answer with a smile and blag your way through. Good luck

Congrats!!!! I'm thinking about applying for beauty therapy jobs on cruise liners. I dont know anything about it, nor do i know anyone who has worked on a cruise. Have you started ur new job yet? where does the ship ur on travel to? Trade test doesnt sound too bad at all. Public speaking thou....eeek!!! i dont know about that.. i hate anything like that get so nervous an can hardly speak! lol! Why do they that? is it an ice breaker thing or just to get to know you? I live in ireland but have no ties, i'm 26.. would love the opportunity to gain more experience an see the world :)

Congrats!!!! I'm thinking about applying for beauty therapy jobs on cruise liners. I dont know anything about it, nor do i know anyone who has worked on a cruise. Have you started ur new job yet? where does the ship ur on travel to? Trade test doesnt sound too bad at all. Public speaking thou....eeek!!! i dont know about that.. i hate anything like that get so nervous an can hardly speak! lol! Why do they that? is it an ice breaker thing or just to get to know you? I live in ireland but have no ties, i'm 26.. would love the opportunity to gain more experience an see the world :)

I haven't been on the ships but slot of girls I've worked with have. The public speaking is quite a no part of the job as sometimes you are required to talk to an audience about the particular treatment you have and you have to be good at selling your treatments as sometimes if you don't have your slots filled they will tell you to go out and find your clients for that day and depending on your manager some of them say if you don't get you 8am slot filled then you won't have your half day tomorrow and things.

But all the girls that I know absolutely loved it although they all only done one contract. Only one of them didn't finish their contract as her ship was caught in a storm and the ship was trashed and she came home! This is obviously a one off but she wanted home after it. From what I hear it is a very up and down emotional rollercoaster experience. When I hear the stories that the girls tell me i think it sounds amazing but hard work! But I don't think I would like it, well never say never :) lol xxxx

Hth

Latest posts

Back