Curette or probe?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camillebates

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the difference between the cnd curette and the probe please?

I can't see very well from the picture. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can anyone tell me the difference between the cnd curette and the probe please?

I can't see very well from the picture. Thanks.

The curette is like a tiny bowl with a hole in the middle - this is used in circular movements on the nail to remove cuticle. The probe is like a little metal disc which is used for getting "debris" from the nail walls and folds. You can buy them as separate tools or one, which has curette one end and a probe the other end. Hope this helps

Thank you!

So the double ended curette has the probe on the other end? Is that the one to get if I want both?

In my opinion the curette is difficult to use as its on an angle so I don't use this. The other end, the probe, I couldn't live without. A geek mentioned on here that she grabbed the curette end with some pliers to straighten it and since, gets on better with it. I might be giving that a go.

In my opinion the curette is difficult to use as its on an angle so I don't use this. The other end, the probe, I couldn't live without. A geek mentioned on here that she grabbed the curette end with some pliers to straighten it and since, gets on better with it. I might be giving that a go.

I tried to straighten mine & it snapped off so be careful if you try this. I got a lovely straight one on the master painter course though 😄

Latest posts

Back