Curette?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca Rebecca

Reaction score
Hey I'm struggling to use the curette I bought from S2 - I can't seem to get it flat on the nail plate? Any advice x

I dont really understand what you mean?
As far as i know its just for remover cuticle after they have already been pushed back and for removing any bits down the edge.

This is in german but shows what i mean lol

This is not a curette in this video its a cuticle pusher. A curette is for using around the sidewalls to remove any leftover bits of cuticle & clean thoroughly

Yes there is! Have you watched it?

At 1 min 19 seconds

^^^ def a curette in this vid at 1.19 [emoji106][emoji106]

A
This is in german but shows what i mean lol

just watched it, thanku. Yes it is a curette but I thought the flat side of the scoop ie the edges of the concave side were supposed to b flat to the nail? Atleast that's how fingernail fixer uses it in hers? I can't really c how the lady in this video is using it? Ie flat or not? X

Oh i apologise i watched where the cuticle away was used with the cuticle pusher. I use a curette for every service. It has a small point with a bobbly bit. I'll watch the video again.

My curette from S2 is smaller at the end than this one. I run it around the edges of the eponyicium and lateral fold.

Attachments

• 1434355697965.jpg
    1434355697965.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 55
Oh i apologise i watch where the cuticle away was used with the cuticle pusher. I use a curette for every service. It has a small point with a bobbly bit. I'll watch the video again
Hi Helen, could you tell me, do u use uts in the way I described in my reply? Im def struggling to remove it all. And the eponychium looks abit messy afterwards. So although I'm removing cuticle the nail can look messier than wen I started! X

I use it the same as Helen. Have you tried using a gentle nail brush afterwards to remove the tatty bits with a spray of water??
Im sure some better ideas will come along x

If it's the double ended curette/probe from s2 then the curette is like bent on an angle for some reason. I don't know why. I straightened mine out so its like other curettes and prefer it like that so I can get it to actually rest flat against the nail plate x

Ah
If it's the double ended curette/probe from s2 then the curette is like bent on an angle for some reason. I don't know why. I straightened mine out so its like other curettes and prefer it like that so I can get it to actually rest flat against the nail plate x

Ah brill ok will give that a go, thanku x

I just gently run the curette down the sidewalls and once the eponychium is pushed back gently with the cuticle pusher i run the curette along to tidy up. Sometimes if it needs it i go over the top of the nail plate with the cuticle pusher to clean up further until im happy before rinsing off the cuticle away. Are you having problems with lifting? The angle of the curette for me is not a problem, i dont think its supposed to be flat on the nail plate.

I just gently run the curette down the sidewalls and once the eponychium is pushed back gently with the cuticle pusher i run the curette along to tidy up. Sometimes if it needs it i go over the top of the nail plate with the cuticle pusher to clean up further until im happy before rinsing off the cuticle away. Are you having problems with lifting? The angle of the curette for me is not a problem, i dont think its supposed to be flat on the nail plate.
Oh ok cool mayb I will try it again and I'll straighten it out like Jordan has suggested. I'm still practising on friends and there's a little bit of lifting at the very edge of the base the following day but I think that's because I'm finding the base is too thin in zone 3. I need to practise getting abit more product in that zone I think. And stop getting the skin! Thanx 4 all ur help guys xxx

Hi which is the best curette tool do people recommend find it to be the best

I also flattened all mine in between pliers. Use scoop end in tiny circular movements to loosen dead skin cells, wipe off CA then use other end to clear out sidewalls. Does a perfect job.

Latest posts

Back