Current PPE rules

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyralouise

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the rules are now on masks and visors? A lot of nail techs are saying that only masks are needed now, no visors/goggles. Yet Gov.Uk still says we should be wearing both.

Have I missed something? And can answers be backed up with sources please? Someone local had a Covid inspection last week so I need to get this right.

Thanks x

I think this is what's caused the confusion...

Incase it won't open, Marian Newman on Madge's Chat Show says "Masks are legal, Visors or goggles are strongly recommended by the Government". So techs are taking this as "I only need to wear a mask". But I can't seem to find WHY mask are compulsory and visors aren't...

I think this is what's caused the confusion...

Incase it won't open, Marian Newman on Madge's Chat Show says "Masks are legal, Visors or goggles are strongly recommended by the Government". So techs are taking this as "I only need to wear a mask". But I can't seem to find WHY mask are compulsory and visors aren't...

Ask the question on Marian's page, she's pretty good at responding. I did see something similar there a while back but my view is Gov.uk is our resource so I'm sticking with that.

If the Council turn up to check they will be bound by gov.uk guidelines.

@Kyralouise I've bounced around Madge's group for some clarifications. It appears the changes are extremely subtle and mostly revolve around the change of 'must' to 'should'. In the statement I quoted above the wording is:-

The person providing a service (such as hairdressers or beauticians) should take precautions because of the period of time spent in close proximity to a person’s face, mouth and nose. This should take the form of a clear visor/goggles and a Type II face mask

From that I interpret (and the way Marian and others) it's not mandatory any more but suggested good practice.

Whilst the virus is still circulating I'm not sure why one would stop using them but as with many of the government's actions there seems to be little consistency or logic.

As Marian says all the time, its down to your RA and where possible over and above.

Hope you're OK

Latest posts

Back