Help please, suspected onychomycosis on regular client.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlmh

Reaction score
I am a fully qualified and insured nail tech/beauty therapist of 8 years, this is a regular client of mine. She has been having BIAB for the past few month as her nails do not respond to anything else nothing lasts on her, she is a district nurse and rarely does anything physical in her job anymore. She notice the mark underneath her pinky and so we soaked off the BIAB to see what was going on and we noticed the rest of the nails, it’s the 3 on her right hand 2 on her left (not pictured).

I am devastated I’m worried if it’s something I have done, I use TGB and have been for a few months 90% of my clients have it and they absolutely love it. I am so disheartened I can’t think of what it could be? I have had this happen to 2 other clients one was around 3-4 years ago and she only had normal Gel but he hyponichiums where quite high and I thought it might have been products irritating them, I sent her to GP and that was that! Then again 2 nails on a regular lady of mine in April using just normal Gel again and now this lady with BIAB.

Please can someone give me some advice I have told her to see a GP and explained to her what I think it may be but to get a professional opinion, all my other clients are perfectly fine and have healthy nails.

Could this have been me and if so what can I do to prevent it ?

TIA x

Attachments

• 19DCF80B-EEA3-4255-9E31-7D85A10B85D3.jpeg
    19DCF80B-EEA3-4255-9E31-7D85A10B85D3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Your problem is the product, The Gel Bottle brand is notorious for causing these issues, there are FB groups dedicated to the issue. You will see it referred to as 'the white bottle' company. Premier Gel is the same.

Search FB for the Nail Tech Awareness page for more information and support.

I suspect this is onycholysis rather than onychomycosis - no thickening or fungal

Your problem is the product, The Gel Bottle brand is notorious for causing these issues, there are FB groups dedicated to the issue. You will see it referred to as 'the white bottle' company. Premier Gel is the same.

Search FB for the Nail Tech Awareness page for more information and support.

I suspect this is onycholysis rather than onychomycosis - no thickening or fungal
Oh no, that’s not good, thank you for your response I’ll have a look right away.

I had a client with this issue. She thought it was BIAB (TGB) so we tried normal TGB, happened again, so tried Beetles Gel (contains no henna) and still happened! Very odd. She’s sure TGB triggered it. I’m not overall happy with TGB brand for numerous reasons. I have heard this happening a lot.

I had a client with this issue. She thought it was BIAB (TGB) so we tried normal TGB, happened again, so tried Beetles Gel (contains no henna) and still happened! Very odd. She’s sure TGB triggered it. I’m not overall happy with TGB brand for numerous reasons. I have heard this happening a lot.
Once a client has a reaction, it's then advised for them to get an allergy test so they know exactly what ingredient(s) to avoid. Just changing brands isn't likely to help the situation. So once someone reacts, remove all product, advise them to get an allergy test and keep their nail free of product x

Latest posts

Back