Customer complaint-gel polish removal on gel overlays?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybrighton

Reaction score
Evening all...bit of advice needed.

One of my young therapist's was booked in for a gel removal and gel polish on a client today.

We would usually remove gel as per training (foils method),
Turns out the client had gel overlays and told our therapist that she has to buff the gel polish off and then reapply.

My therapist told me after that she had a hard time removing the gel as she had never removed it this way before and couldn't get an even finish and that the client wanted some of the length off but the clippers were not strong enough.

We have received a complaint this evening from the clients daughter, who is a nail technician, and she is not happy with the nails her mother has received and that our therapist needs more training. I have seen the photos and agree they are very thick and uneven.

We will be obviously offering a refund as the nails are not great but am I right in thinking that we should not of carried out this treatment to begin with? All our therapist are trained in manicures and gel polish but not extensions.

They are not treatments that we offer or plan on offering in our salon - should we be turning away clients that want gel removal on overlays as we are not trained in this removal procedure?

Our therapist was trained in Gel polish and does fantastic nails so I know she will be feeling terrible about these nails today :(

If the client had hard gel extensions and your therapist isn't trained in enhancements, then no, the treatment shouldn't have been carried out. Although to be fair, when the client booked the appointment she should have made clear what she had on her nails. Even if your therapist had been qualified they would have need a full rebalance which takes longer than gel polish.

When taking bookings from new clients I thoroughly question them to find out exactly what they have on so I can ensure I book out enough time, am properly prepared and that the client has realistic expectations.

Latest posts

Back