Customer service, Nail Harmony vs S2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hattiegirl

Reaction score
I just wondered how everyone felt about the difference in customer service between the two companies if any? I put in 3 orders recently (I've been a bit bad 😳) and noticed a vast difference and wondered if this was normal?

Order one placed for 8 items over £300 the Tuesday before Easter then in Friday same company realised I forgot something so another £60 ish order for 3 items. The following Monday placed an order for 17 items with company two £120. On Wednesday the order from company two arrived delighted with the service but confused I emailed company one...no response.

By Friday no reply so I called the office who where surprised this was missing and told me to call the delivery company to investigate, who say they don't have it the card I have had through the door is for number 44 not number 4 could I please pass them the card! I call company one back who advise they definitely do and give reference numbers to quote. I then spend 2 hours calling back the delivery company London office, Edinburgh office and Dundee office to be told they have one parcel and the other has been delivered to a neighbour who I have no idea of the name. By now it is nearly 5pm on Friday and I'm realising the new lamp I ordered is not coming so I'm missing my weekend appointments 😠 company one advise me to go around the houses over the weekend to find my parcel. (On the upside I met a few new neighbours but no parcel)

Monday midday comes and I call to chase my order as no response to my emails over the weekend. Parcels have been found all at the depo 😡 and will be forwarded the next day...they arrive Tuesday a full 2 weeks after ordering.

Main while yesterday I noticed a problem with one of the items in the order from company two I email last night who shipped a replacement product free of charge this morning.

Sorry for the long rant but I'm just frustrated is this the level of service we are to expect every time we have to order vital equipment for our businesses?

So er... Which is which as you've named them above?
Reading this post I think we will all be trying to guess anyway....

I would hazard a guess that s2 were the helpful company? Their customer service has been nothing short of impeccable.

1 hour delivery slots, you can tell exactly where your parcel is when it's en route, nothing is ever too much trouble in my experience.

I even had a broken nail art display ring, I emailed them about it, when I hadn't replied to that email they actually called ME to sort it out and sent me a replacement straight away. I have never, in my life, had a company call me to rectify an issue! Normally it's all down to the customer, but not with s2, they seriously cannot not do enough. Won't order from anyone else now!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not sure what you are trying to achieve with your post, I'm sure we have all had good service and bad service from our suppliers, just chose yourself which one that stands out for you and go with them.

Especially as they both supply different products. S2 are the only supplier for Shellac and Vinylux, so if I want those products I have to go through them , no matter what I think of the service. I don't have a choice. Same for Harmony, they sell things that you cant get elsewhere, so If that's your brand, you are stuck with them.

Why don't you write to the company involved and inform them about how you feel and how their customer service could be improved?

Or do what I do and vote with your feet.

If your post is referring to harmony as the some what worse company, I've never had any problems with them.

In all honesty if you've ordered something and it's not been received or is incorrect both companies will help rectify that situation.

The only time I've ever had a problem was with Ellisons, I emailed them and the next day my new parcel was received.

Also remember sometimes it's not the company themselves at fault but the courier.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve with your post, I'm sure we have all had good service and bad service from our suppliers, just chose yourself which one that stands out for you and go with them.

Especially as they both supply different products. S2 are the only supplier for Shellac and Vinylux, so if I want those products I have to go through them , no matter what I think of the service. I don't have a choice. Same for Harmony, they sell things that you cant get elsewhere, so If that's your brand, you are stuck with them.

Why don't you write to the company involved and inform them about how you feel and how their customer service could be improved?

Or do what I do and vote with your feet.

That's kinda my point since these companies are the only suppliers are we stuck with bad service if that's what they choose to deliver. Yes the couriers are also to blame in my case I
In the most part but we have to remember who chooses the courier there is plenty on the market but a company that will only deliver in working hours, has over a 40 miles radius for their depo and that doesn't answer the phone not a company I would want a customer calling personally. For reference I did email to complain they didn't respond so the point of my post was to see if this lack of response was usual to determine how (and who) I place orders in future.

the point of my post was to see if this lack of response was usual to determine how (and who) I place orders in future.

Are you prepared to change brands then?

I have experienced excellent customer service from both. One has Vat free days and free postage after a certain amount, the other doesn't do offers.

I think sometimes they have off orders or days or whatever you want to call them. Happens everywhere and it just so happened that one of the off orders was yours.

I'd say 99% of the time I'm happy with everything I order, I do prefer to speak over the phone than to email as I think emails can be ignored a lot easier than a phone call.

Don't be too hard on them. Unless they do this to you every time you order it's not that big of a worry. Unfortunately it does happen with companies that are delivery based (rather than just walking into a store) xx

Are you prepared to change brands then?

I have experienced excellent customer service from both. One has Vat free days and free postage after a certain amount, the other doesn't do offers.

Potentially I would add to my brand and also it would be a factor I would consider if I grew my business and trained in gel or L&P each brand has their own pros and cons as we all know I love my lamp right now, and my colours and no one would shy away from a nice offer but I also think for example S2 are much better at making products available for retail everything from solar oil, DSperse, hand creams, vinylux even carrier bags that can help us increase our profit channels. Other than changing brands I can also look at the other approved suppliers for each my point was not to challenge or create a forum where we need to defend our chosen brands but we are consumers from these companies where they are in a monopoly position once we are bought in and at that point our business depends on them holding up their end of purchase from their service to that of the companies they employ after all if they want to continue with their chosen distribution strategy their business also depends on us. I agree all companies have their up and down days not looking for conflict just starting a conversation and looking for some inputs to my thoughts.

Latest posts

Back