Cuticle work for Gelish!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkish_delight

Reaction score
Hi geeks can anyone reccomend a good way to take of dry, white bits of cuticle off of the nail plate after the cuticles have been pushed back. Im after any ideas other than buffing or using a cuticle knife. Sounds silly but i have a few clients that just simply do not want their nails buffed. I have recently invested in gelish and although i know you need to buff the nail i know i will have those few clients that will not want their nails buffed!!( I will of course remind them it may not last as long without buffing but hay ho you cannot change some people). Any of your personal tips would be great. Thankyou x

Hi geeks can anyone reccomend a good way to take of dry, white bits of cuticle off of the nail plate after the cuticles have been pushed back. Im after any ideas other than buffing or using a cuticle knife. Sounds silly but i have a few clients that just simply do not want their nails buffed. I have recently invested in gelish and although i know you need to buff the nail i know i will have those few clients that will not want their nails buffed!!( I will of course remind them it may not last as long without buffing but hay ho you cannot change some people). Any of your personal tips would be great. Thankyou x

Hi
I always use cuticle nippers to nip off overgrown cuticles. I do always buff however after reading other posts on gelish some nail techs don't buff & have noticed no difference so it's maybe worth a try??!! I always find scrubbing the nail plate with cleanse gets rid of any loose cuticle aswell. HTH xx

I don't buff at all, and have never had an issue :)

HTH x

I don't buff at all, and have never had an issue :)

HTH x

If you have a client with really ridgy nails how does that work without buffing? I know that the gelish will fill the ridges but near the cuticle area I find it hard to apply as I dont get a nice shape if the nails is ridgy?
How do you get a nice smooth line around the cuticle?

If I have someone with really ridged nails then I would apply the structure gel to the nail, it conceals the ridges as it levels into the spaces and you are left with a smooth finish when the Gelish is applied...hope that helps improve the cuticle line...

And I never buff even though I was trained to and so far no probs at all x

Thanku ladies. X

Latest posts

Back