cuticles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjbizzle

Reaction score
hi,
I have just been on the phone to the lady at cuticles, she is sending me the information it really does sound good and you get all that training to:D

Is anybody else doing it or looked into the franchise? What do you think? How are you getting on?

thanks

hey i dont know too much about it hun but if you have got Scratch this month there is a spread in there about them !

kx

I have looked into this and it is alot of money. No-one that I know of has signed up for the salon franchise yet. I know Carole Loftus has signed for the mobile one....but that, in my opinion, is a totally different entity. So, with this in mind there is no-one to ask if the formula works. The way I see it is you are paying for their formula for running a business and training (that is just the franchise cost...not including setting up salon costs). So it depends how confident you are with your own skills.

I am still trying to price up both ways. Will I be better on my own and trying to keep costs down or sign up.....and how long will it take to recoup my initial outlay for both projects.

how much is the inital outlay for salon or mobile?

If you ring Cuticles Head Office on 01993 883925 you will get the full details.

Cathy Stewart

Hey Pink Fizzel,

I have just been reading about this in the Scratch mag. I think it's a great idea. Once I'm trainined I'll be looking into franchising for definate!.

I think its a great way of getting started, ok it's a bit of a cost to shell out in the first place, but within those costs you have got all the business know how of the franchise team, probably got a merchandising (Hemm not sure if that is spelt ok??) team to back you up.. It is like starting a SAKs franchise, all the help and back up is there.

I suppose once you have had a couple of years at this, and got the know how yourself you can always use this to start up and go solo in your own salon.

I think this is the way I'm going to go, it's like renting a salon and someone else is advising you.

Make sure you read all the info from Cuticles and double check your get out clause and bob's your uncle really.

I say good luck chick-a-dee,

lol

Clur

hi clur,

you do not have to wait until your trained if you do not wish they will take you on and do a creative foundation course, for a bit extra on top of the franchise price.

I have been giving it some serious concideration and thinking about it i May set up on my own at least that way i have to answer to myself if something goes wrong and i get no clients:cry:

i'm just so worried it won't work out and i'll have no people to do that i would have to do something else and be tied into a contract and stuff

anyway thanks for your opinion it is very much appretiated

No probs Pinkfizzle.

I totally agree with you. I think franchises are a good way to go, but if you can afford to set up your own salon then FAB.

As with everything, you have to make your own choices, what is a good idea for some, might be a nightmare for others, you just never know.

You have to make sure that you read all the fine print once, twice, three times a lady,! to make sure you know what is in store for you. Then at least you know where you stand if you need to get out.

Which ever way you do decide to go, you will be a success, there is no doubt about it! What ever you put your mind to do, will happen. All you have to do it keep working towards your goal. I sound like I'm preaching now!!!!!

Anyway, good luck with whichever route you take.

Kind Regards

Clur

Latest posts

Back