Cutting a customer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rima Shah

Reaction score
Hi all. If accidentally we cut the customer by pushing back cuticles/cutting cuticles what's the best way to clean the metal tool whilst you are there? Do we add straight into the mundo/barbicide and then continue working on the client? How can we stop the blood and if I had another booking but no extra tools can I use them on the next client after adding to barbicide/mundo or do we have to sterilise? Thanks

You’d need to stop the bleeding then clean off your implements to carry on with that client.

You’d then need to clean and your whole work area and sterilise your implements before you can use them on your next client.
To be honest it’s probably advisable to have a spare set of implements partly for this reason, but mainly so you can properly clean/santise them between clients.

Thank you. Yes I will prob invest in more metal tools. I will be mobile so will be difficult to steralise there and then

Thank you. Yes I will prob invest in more metal tools. I will be mobile so will be difficult to steralise there and then

in order to properly disinfect you must wash with soap and water then place in your disinfectant of choice. Hth

Do we add straight into the mundo/barbicide and then continue working on the client?
You need to clean the implement from debris and foreign objects before you place it in the mundo liquid mixture for at least 5 minutes with the correct concentration; 5ml of mundo disinfectant per 100ml of water.

How can we stop the blood and if I had another booking but no extra tools can I use them on the next client after adding to barbicide/mundo or do we have to sterilise?

Get a wipe and press on the wound until it stops bleeding. You can then apply saline to disinfect the wound.

No you can't use your tools on the next client, you need to disinfect them. Sterilise means complete destruction of any pathogens and neither mundo nor Barbicide will achieve this as they will only disinfect (remove a large majority of pathogens onto non living tissue but does not kill or neutralize resistant micro organisms), you need an autoclave for this. As soon as the implement is out of the autoclave in a non controlled environment, it is no longer sterile because there are airborne particles in a non controlled environment (compare this to a surgical theatre which is highly controlled or clean rooms where there are very few particles in the air and are used in manufacturing) that will land on the implement like dust, pollen and spores which might carry pathogens. Also because we are not surgeons, we don't really need that extreme level of hygiene, although raising standards is always good.

Latest posts

Back