damaged after artificial phhhhh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posh Paws

Reaction score
Hi everyone i am quite new to nails ..... i am a confident nail tech and have learnt and read alot ..... i am still trying to learn about the different systems and why some people think one is stronger than the other etc etc ....

The use of artificial nails is still baffling me ..... i am still getting asked why gel damages natural nails, and listening to peoples bad experiences, i understand that this is not the case and that people damage there own nails through either removing them with there teeth:eek: or picking etc ...
I am still uncertain about alot of things on this particular area and wondered if anyone has a link or some really help full information that i could learn from i have read lots on this site and other links but still need more .... i hope you all understand that i have learnt minimal at the moment so please be understanding with responses ....

thankyou to all who respond in advance i look forward to lots of reading :hug:

A local advertisment has got me going on this subject .... it states they have a programme which is 6 weeks long that repairs nails after artificial tratment :rolleyes:

I use NSI BALANCE GEL SYSTEM XX

The way I see it there will be damaged caused by the following:

The ways you suggest by the client,
If the technician used an e-file on the natural nail for example, unless using a light touch with a silicone bit.
Using a rough file - rougher than a 240 grit - will shred the nail plate.

Clients who go too long between appointments, hence their nails become too long and out of balance, thus putting strain on the nails and resulting in lifting, which will inevitably be picked at.

Hope this helps a bit but there are loads of threads, try using damage in the search and see what comes up.

The way I see it there will be damaged caused by the following:

The ways you suggest by the client,
If the technician used an e-file on the natural nail for example, unless using a light touch with a silicone bit.
Using a rough file - rougher than a 240 grit - will shred the nail plate.

Clients who go too long between appointments, hence their nails become too long and out of balance, thus putting strain on the nails and resulting in lifting, which will inevitably be picked at.

Hope this helps a bit but there are loads of threads, try using damage in the search and see what comes up.

Thankyou....... i have found a little but still not anything in depth ...... :hug:

:eek: i think you could find a book on nail chemistry or alike ????????? i like the encyclopedia of nails by jacqui jefford and anne swain and that covers some contra actions specific to nail extensions and chemicals in applications !!

i hope it would be of use its a great book anyway and i use if for cross reference

:rolleyes: xxx

An excellent book is " Nail structure and product chemistry" second edition by doug schoon..its a fantastic book
hth:hug:

Latest posts

Back