Heat spikes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathalie123

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been doing Biab on clients since October, always using the same brand of gel. I have never experienced heatspikes when doing a set. Recently, I have been experiencing heatspikes and I dont understand why. Using the same lamp (professional one so it cost alot!) and using the same gel (only difference is I have replaced old bottles as they were empty)

Im not overprepping the nails, as this happens dueing infills too! And the layers arent too thick cause it happens with the base layer too.

This doesnt happen with shellac polish so im trying to understand why now!!

Thanks
Nathalie

Are you using the matching lamp to brand? Is there a low heat mode on the lamp?

Hi All,
I have been doing Biab on clients since October, always using the same brand of gel. I have never experienced heatspikes when doing a set. Recently, I have been experiencing heatspikes and I dont understand why. Using the same lamp (professional one so it cost alot!) and using the same gel (only difference is I have replaced old bottles as they were empty)

Im not overprepping the nails, as this happens dueing infills too! And the layers arent too thick cause it happens with the base layer too.

This doesnt happen with shellac polish so im trying to understand why now!!

Thanks
Nathalie

It's the weather, it always happens when we have heatwaves like we are at the moment. The Gel is more runny so cures at a different rate, snd clients are already overheated. I've also had Acrylic clients experience an exothermic reaction when it's particularly hot weather.

If your lamp has a cool, slower setting option use that. Show your clients how to gradually move in to the light if necessary. Or cure for a second, take the hands out, cure again for a few seconds, working out how much time works for that client. They'll all be different.

Latest posts

Back