Dangers of buying uv lamps from you know where!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Hey Geeks

I thought I would just give anybody the heads up who has ever thought of buying a uv lamp from you know where....

My friend recently bought a lovely pink one and I really liked it, I typed the model in and came up with a horrible link that said "item recalled" from the UK market and this was for the following reason;

Electric shock
The product poses a risk of electric shock because the cross-sectional area of the conductors in the supply cord is not sufficient, the connector does not have the required earthing protection and the plug and fuse supplied are not adequate.
The product does not comply with the Low Voltage Directive (LVD) and the relevant European standard EN 60335 and the relevant national standards BS 1362 and BS1363.

This makes me scared as there are so many of them for sale and they state for professional or personal use so for any geeks thinking of going for a cheap option stay well clear !

Sorry if that bored you! x x

That's why it is so important to purchase all supplies from an authorized distributor. Thanks for the reminder, :)

Buy cheap and pay in more ways than one!

Buy the lamp that fits your system you can't go wrong ,

if you are desperate for it to be pink or something that fits your decor then pop to B&Q and get some fablon and give it a make over , being sure to cut to size and not cover anything important , you could Also use cheap lap top skins for this,

What did your friend think when you told her?

Buy the lamp that fits your system you can't go wrong ,

if you are desperate for it to be pink or something that fits your decor then pop to B&Q and get some fablon and give it a make over , being sure to cut to size and not cover anything important , you could Also use cheap lap top skins for this,

What did your friend think when you told her?

She doesn't care beacuse its for her own use! I think I will email ebay and inform them beause one of those could easily get in the hands of a beautician wanting to buy a cheap lamp!

She doesn't care beacuse its for her own use! I think I will email ebay and inform them beause one of those could easily get in the hands of a beautician wanting to buy a cheap lamp!

That's on the therapist's head not E-bay ,
They can't/wont police everything on there site , even if they could the sellers will just not list modle names ,
The modle names are made up anyway ,

Latest posts

Back