Dark under eye circles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlydaydream

Beauty by Carly
Reaction score
Hi ladies, can you recommend a good product for dark under eye circles please? Tried drinking more water, using creams etc. Can't seem to find a good one. My eyes seen to be sunk slightly. Is there a good collagen based product which would help? Thankyou

Hi ladies, can you recommend a good product for dark under eye circles please? Tried drinking more water, using creams etc. Can't seem to find a good one. My eyes seen to be sunk slightly. Is there a good collagen based product which would help? Thankyou

Hi Carly,

Topical collagen based products won't work as collagen is a big molecule and there is no way it could pass through the skins layers to do any good for dark eye circles. You will just be applying them and them washing them away. Only way to boost collagen is internally i'e radiofrequency, LED light therapy, injections and maybe collagen drinks (i'm still not convinced on the drinks though).

Firstly you should check the dark eye circles are not due to an underlying health problem like anemia etc.

Secondly i would use a galvanic device to remove any dirt impurities etc then use LED Light therapy and/or Radiofrequency to internally boost collagen and bring blood circulation to the eye area. this increase in blood flow will bring with it nutrients and proteins to heal, repair and revive the eye area. I've also heard people using microneedling to help with dark circles but i've not tried it - the thought of needles on my under eyes scares me a little!

Thirdly i would use a good Ferulic acid or vitamin C based eye gel/serum - this will help to brighten the area and prevent signs of ageing

Be careful with some eye skincare, they say brightening but when you look at it under a magnifier the cream will have glitter like particles which when on the skin reflects light particles and makes it appear lighter but its not actually solving the problem! - i was caught out my this once and i wasn't very happy!

Hope this helps and If you need any further help with this just give me a shout!

Best wishes,
Mel :)

Hi Carly,

Topical collagen based products won't work as collagen is a big molecule and there is no way it could pass through the skins layers to do any good for dark eye circles. You will just be applying them and them washing them away. Only way to boost collagen is internally i'e radiofrequency, LED light therapy, injections and maybe collagen drinks (i'm still not convinced on the drinks though).

Firstly you should check the dark eye circles are not due to an underlying health problem like anemia etc.

Secondly i would use a galvanic device to remove any dirt impurities etc then use LED Light therapy and/or Radiofrequency to internally boost collagen and bring blood circulation to the eye area. this increase in blood flow will bring with it nutrients and proteins to heal, repair and revive the eye area. I've also heard people using microneedling to help with dark circles but i've not tried it - the thought of needles on my under eyes scares me a little!

Thirdly i would use a good Ferulic acid or vitamin C based eye gel/serum - this will help to brighten the area and prevent signs of ageing

Be careful with some eye skincare, they say brightening but when you look at it under a magnifier the cream will have glitter like particles which when on the skin reflects light particles and makes it appear lighter but its not actually solving the problem! - i was caught out my this once and i wasn't very happy!

Hope this helps and If you need any further help with this just give me a shout!

Best wishes,
Mel :)
I found that really helpful! X

Mel, thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate you taking the time to help x

Obvious one but not getting enough rest and sleep has a massive influence, more than people think. Apart from that, what Mel said :cool:

Hi :) was hoping to find a post like this, are there any eye serums/gels you could recommend?
I am from the hair side :) but in desperate need to sort my dark circles out too
Tia X

Cenor xo is the only under eye cream I have found that actually works wonders x

:) thank you. Going to give it s try [emoji106]

Hi :) was hoping to find a post like this, are there any eye serums/gels you could recommend?
I am from the hair side :) but in desperate need to sort my dark circles out too
Tia X

Hi,

I would recommend the Bioswiss eye gel by neo elegance as it contains sodium hyaluronate which hydrates the eye area and the gel form of the product ensures in sinks in quickly and doesn't grease up the eye. I've been using it now for 6 months and really like it, before i was using dermalogica eye repair but i found it too greasy and a bit pricey.

But i would also say to do a couple of things in terms of eye care than just relying on skincare. We're working on a video on eye care soon, so i'll post it when its up, should be helpful!

Hope this helps Tia.

Best Regards,
Mel

What Mel said should work to an extent. At mine, we also do an atoxelene eye treatment which makes a difference together with its take home products (Intraceuticals), then there's Neostrata Bionic eye cream.
In all honesty though, the most effective treatment is undereye fillers for those who dare venture like Teosyal redensity 2 and belotero. I've also done radiofrequency microneedling on the eyelid and about to go for a course on eyelid peel in a few weeks- now that's what I'm excited about! Both will work well for stimulating collagen but you need to find someone who knows what they're doing.
If I had to do one thing- the fillers win hands down (only an experienced practitioner though!)

Oh wow! Not sure if I'm quite brave enough for the fillers yet [emoji16][emoji85] no doubt it'll be something end up trying though! For now I'm going to try the products recommended. Even a little improvement would be nice :) [emoji106] xx

Honesty I have dark under my eyes after a week using cenor xo I saw a massive difference after two weeks other people noticed xx

Thanks very much for the replies

Have a look into Skinbreeze treatments. I've been seeing some amazing results . It uses led light therapy high frequency and oxygen and makes a huge difference to dark circles xx

Latest posts

Back