Day course vs Parttime college

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toothfairy

Reaction score
Hi All

Just a quick question. I have done various courses some of them part time evening college and someday courses.
I'm looking at expanding my skills and want to do facials.

What are peoples opinions on day courses, would it cover enough informaiton and give the same type of qualification as a part time college course?

Hi,

Depends on how you take information in and how passionate you are about learning I guess.

There are people out there that think that going on a day course is the quick route into jumping straight into earning money without practicing and doing as much theory as they possibly can. I went on a Facial Day Course (was 2 days actually) but did not offer Facials until 3 months later. I was at the time taking my ITEC Holistic Massage + Anatomy & Physiology and had my VCTC in Nails & Nail Technology - so did have knowledge of the skin etc.

College courses are excellent learning, but unfortunately I could not get into my college as they were cutting down courses due to budgets and not having enough responce from students wanting to do the course + I am a mature student too.

I do not regret any of my training and have gone on to do a few more short courses - again........never offering a treatment until at least 3 months after my training as I then felt confident. I used my clients as my case studies and gave them free facials - this was the way for me.

Good Luck and I hope you choose the correct route for you :)

Hi
Not sure whereabouts in the UK you are based, or if you will be willing to travel. Vibe in Bradford do a fast track NVQ unit accreditation in Facial Therapy. You are required to attend for 2 days training, you then undertake home study where you can practice the skills you have learnt and complete a theory assignment. You will then need to come back to the centre for 1 more day where you will carry out your practical assessments and mandatory exam. The certification you will recieve is a VTCT Unit Accreditation NVQ 2 in Facial Therapy.

I would recommend this option especially for Facial as most skin care companies will only offer accounts to NVQ therapists.

Check the website for more details www.vibebeautytraining.com

Hope this helps
Shell x:)

I very much doubt if a day course would be the same type of qual as a college course. A college course is more likely to be an accredited qual with a certificate at the end. A day course is more likely to be a manufacturer's training in the products - a sort of familiarisation training session.

The course i mentioned earlier is the same NVQ as you will recieve at a FHE college however its consedensed through part home study and a maximum of 4 learners per course. Think you definatly need the NVQ option in skin care to ensure you have a high level of knowledge to assist you in performing an in-depth skin analysis and developing the treatment plan to get ultimate results :)

Latest posts

Back