Daylight LED desk lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty-Smooth

Spray Tans By Emma
Reaction score
Hi all

I've always done mobile work but I am soon to have a salon room at home. I'm so excited! I've heard people raving about the daylight LED desk lamps and I'd quite like to invest in one. I have one niggle which I can't seem to find the answer and I'm sure this will seem silly, but here goes;

When using the lamp, do you need to turn it off when using LED/UV curable products? I would assume that the answer is yes, seeing as strong sunlight can cure your gels but I just wondered if this is the case with these lamps?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Emma x

No, they are totally different. Those lamps won't cure gel products

No, they are totally different. Those lamps won't cure gel products
Thanks! I thought that would be the case but I wanted to double check. Appreciate the reply x

My daylight lamp does cure my gels, not fully but if I leave the lid off of my gel pot for the whole treatment I will start finding lumps of cured gel in it. Now I always put the lid of when i have taken a bead and I have no problem x

Hi all

I've always done mobile work but I am soon to have a salon room at home. I'm so excited! I've heard people raving about the daylight LED desk lamps and I'd quite like to invest in one. I have one niggle which I can't seem to find the answer and I'm sure this will seem silly, but here goes;

When using the lamp, do you need to turn it off when using LED/UV curable products? I would assume that the answer is yes, seeing as strong sunlight can cure your gels but I just wondered if this is the case with these lamps?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Emma x

People rave about the Daylight lamp because they are fabulous.

I can see what I am doing and it also helps my photos to look better as well as my YT videos.

As far as I am aware the frequency / wave length of the Daylight lamp is not strong enough to cure gels. I have had pots of gel and also gel polish left sitting under my lamp for long periods of time and its not affected them whatsoever.

The Daylight lamp can be a bit costly but in my opinion its well worth the investment.

Good luck in setting up your home salon, how exciting for you :) x

Thanks everyone for your input I'll make sure I invest in the daylight company brand just to be sure x

Latest posts

Back