De valuing services

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EssexFreelance

Reaction score
I’m a freelance hairdresser and fairly happy with my pricing. I researched in the area and say my pricing is higher end- I’ve been hairdressing a long time and have good experience and attends regular training.

My haircuts are £25 which I would say mostly people are £15-20. The reason being is I didn’t want to be goi round do low price haircuts.

If someone had a colour it’s £25 on top of the price.

I notice some people include a cut into the colour price but what if they don’t what the cut? I prefer to keep separate.

I booked a client in for a colour and then she said she would add a trim- so I re quoted- she said o I’ll just have Colour. Which I responded ok - (I’m not going to discount).

When I think about it it does make me annoyed - what is she going to do? Get another hairdresser to do it for £5-10 less? A salon wouldn’t be cheaper. Why don’t people see the value in a cut ? I spend a few thousand year on year on training so refuse to de value my service but I can’t get over the trim brigade who think I should do it for pennies.

Personally if they're quibbling over a service i would want to win them over to realize that spending that £25 extra with me is what they need! (plus i get that extra £25 in my pocket hehe:D:D) Sometimes we do devalue ourselves our treatments, out industry doesn't get the respect it deserves, but its how you approach it moving forward, win some lose some! Act breezy!:cool: xoxo

Just like to rant [emoji23]

75% of clients think I offer an affordable salon experience (they might have paid hundreds in the salons and I have experience and probably half the price)

25% see me as an expensive mobile hairdresser

Latest posts

Back