Decisions decisions-Gelish or something else?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadie-23

Reaction score
I know there are a few threads on this but still confused. So I thought had made my mind up to train in and offer Gelish......but after reading reviews/opinions on here and other places I'm not so sure :-!

My next thought was IBD as it seems to have no faders and a strong liking on here.....but I did a course at NSI this week and have now thrown Polish Pro into the mix!!! (Like the idea of their base coat plus)

So now even more confused!! I can't find much info on here about Polish Pro so any opinions on it would be much appreciated! TIA ♥♥

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive used polish pro and personally dont like it. It is very thick, shrinks from the edges, and i found it hard to work with.

I now use IBD and love it, colours are great, easy to work with, no shrinking and it lasts.

Ive not used gelish but heard it has quite alot of faders. Hth

I didnt like polish pro :( use all other nsi products apart from that... ive also tried gellux but didnt like that either so I do gelish love it ( they are aparantly.working on fixing next batches of faders ?) Even at that ther are only a couple and product is great... I also love shellac. But never tried any others x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use OPI and Essie, but I know IBD has a growing following so I've bought about 5 to give them a go as well!!

I used polish pro and didn't like it to apply , I changed to shellac and find it much better x

Thanks for all the replies :p
I think it's definitely between Gelish and IBD ♥♥

I use Gelish, love it! So do my clients. Loads of colour choices too.

Oh and now Artistic Colour Gloss too!! Think I need to stop looking lol. Just don't want to heavily invest in one brand to wish I'd invested in another hmmmmm :banghead:
♥♥♥

I've only every used shellac and Gelish but prefer Gelish. Each brand has it's own thing that makes it good, decide which one suits you and your clients best. I needed a huge range of colours rather than special effects or metallics etc so that's why I choose Gelish.

All of these are excellent brands. If you are that conflicted about brands, I suggest you go with Gelish. It is an excellent brand on its own, but it is also the one brand that states that you can use its base and top coats (Foundation and Top It Off) with other brands' color coats. So you can use your IBD, Polish Pro and Artistic Colour Gloss colors with your Gelish. I would recommend, if you go this route, to get good at Gelish before branching out to other brands' color coats. Every brand has its idiosyncrasies and it is useful to have a firm footing in one before taking on others.

Thanks ladies. It's all so confusing, just want to make the right decision. Think I'll stick to my original plan of going down the Gelish route. Seems like they have good training and is a good place to start. Suppose it's all trial and error to find what works for me.
Thanks again ♥♥♥

Gelish is fab you won't be disappointed.
There aren't that many faders and they are working on it to get it sorted. x

I went threw the same thing you are going threw and then finally decided on artistic colour gloss and i wouldbt change the brand i love how it goes on the colours and how easy it is to remove.

Gelish is fab, there aren't that many faders, I also use ACG & IBD along side so use those for the colours that fade :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was in the same boat a couple of months ago and went with Gelish - haven't regretted it for a second. Goes on like a dream and I have total confidence in the system. X

Gelish all the way for me too 😊 fantastic brand!! Xx

Thanks ladies :)
am booking onto the Gelish translation course as we type ♥♥♥

Can I ask if any of you have tried the other makes of gelish ive found or just stick with harmony all the way?:)

I am currently using NSI as this was the brand on offer at my local whosalers (and the brand I trainined with).

However I am not keen on it as i just don't find it is lasting, even with the balance bond primer!

I am thinking of trying Gelish-however, is it removal by soaking or does it need to be buffed off?

Can I ask if any of you have tried the other makes of gelish ive found or just stick with harmony all the way?:)

There is only one type of Gelish, and that's the one from Hand and Nail Harmony. There are other brands of gel colour products, but only one called Gelish x

I am currently using NSI as this was the brand on offer at my local whosalers (and the brand I trainined with).

However I am not keen on it as i just don't find it is lasting, even with the balance bond primer!

I am thinking of trying Gelish-however, is it removal by soaking or does it need to be buffed off?

Gelish is a soak off gel polish

Latest posts

Back