Decorating for relaxation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luv2getnailed

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am currently in the process of turning our pedicure, facial and wax room into "the true SPA experience" Type of room.

Let me describe what's going on in the room so far. It's longer than it is wide, but a decent size room. The owner has the room painted a nice, warm color. The color of the room is like a raw sienna color. Like the red clay of the earth. I don't really know how to describe the color. It's different. Pretty, but different.

I brought in a little machine that has running water and plays different nature sounds. Clients love that little machine.

Now question is...what else can I do, to make it the total relaxation experience that will keep the clients coming back for more?

Someone has suggested like a mosquito netting drapped from the ceiling but in truth...have no idea how to go about that. So any info would greatly be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

The netting across the celing is the first thing I thought of. Just make sure you have an additional sourse of light than the celing as this dramatically cuts down the light. Just take pieces that are 1 an1/2 times longer than the room and pin them up in little waves. Clear thumb tacks work great for this. Or if you have a drop celing thread it though the tile supports.

You may want to get a waterless electric oil burner. Eve Taylor makes a great one. And there are some really great LED tea lights around in gift shops and such to "set the mood". These are both great because you never have to worry about an open flame of insurance issues.

I find the linens a really big draw in a facial room too. Its usually the first thing I look at when entering a treatment room. Some thing plush and rich looking is always great. Wal-mart/Primark is a great hidden gem for all these things.

Can you upload some pics of the room? I would love to see the colour.

Thanks for the info....I think I am going to do the draped fabric. I'll get some pics uploaded today for you. Take care!!:hug:

i worked in a salon woth drapes all on the celing and to be honest they looked tacky- but hey each to their own! when the clients were relaxing on the beds they noticed dead flies in the fabric above their heads, nice-not!

in my salon i have dimmer switches in every room, which is great for soft lighting and then on 3 walls magnolia and then a deep aubergine purple on one wall, one of the rooms had pipes which ran along the botton of the wall- so we boxed that up and it created a small ledge painted it with the purple then went to ikea and brought purple tea light holders and lots of pebbles and decorated the ledge. ever since i did this i,ve had soooooo many coments and clients love the feeling of going into an oasis in the middle of town.
warm deep colours and accessorise

good luck

x x x

Thanks for the info....I think I am going to do the draped fabric. I'll get some pics uploaded today for you. Take care!!:hug:
I personally think linens are going to be a major dust collector..JMHO

Latest posts

Back