Dermalogica geeks...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola_Spa

Reaction score
Any of you home salon geeks use dermalogica? If so....how do you find it retail wise? And are the facials popular?

Xxxx

I've always been a complete Dermalogica geek, amazing results with facials & products.

Worked with them for 7 years & the reps, training & customer service are just outstanding.

I'm setting up on my own in January and unfortunately cannot justify the start up costs. Not sure if I can tell you on here!

I do think the retail price is now getting just that bit too high and I'm disappointed to hear there starting up in Topshop Oxford St!

I have been using Dermalogica in my home salon for the last 2 yrs and love the products but unfortunately have seen a real decline in retailing products, the facials are popular, the training is second to none but people just don't seem to be buying. They are now selling in selridges in Birmingham and the airport as well !!

Do you think you will continue to use it even though the retail side is not great?

I was looking at some online dermalogica retailers yesterday, and couldn't believe how cheap they sell the products!

How can anyone compete with them!

Do you think you will continue to use it even though the retail side is not great?

I was looking at some online dermalogica retailers yesterday, and couldn't believe how cheap they sell the products!

How can anyone compete with them!

Exactly!!!

I think you need to look at the prices (retail) and see if you would buy them.

As I said the training, reps etc are outstanding but disappointed to see there going so big but in a bad way?

Dermalogica have gotten rather expensive and do not give much back in return. For mobile therapists I would recommend beauty lab as they have a special opening order of 470 plus vat and you get about 300 pounds of retail stock free

Thanks geeks :)

I've emailed beauty lab and asked for some samples.

I love dermalogica so much! But just don't want to end up with LOADS of retail stuff I can't shift.

Thanks again guys :) gonna have think about this one over Xmas xxx

The opeing order is rather expensive and you get a lot of products that nobody wants (or maybe we couldn't sell).

We called Dermalogica and they allowed us to send these back and order other stuff.... was great actually as I think around 11 months had passed.

Some of the items had expired (ooops didn't know they had expiry dates) but was great to send back the non popular and replace with popular

Try to identify a skin care range that,
a) you can stand by
b) your clients love
c) your clients can't buy easily
I too love Dermalogica but their opening order is just to much for a mobile therapist to justify.

Latest posts

Back