Designing own notices/posters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesatin

Reaction score
Hi there, I am wanting to design my own posters and news feed posters on my Facebook but don't know where to start. I have used instaframe but want to have something a little more professional. I see lots of posters on Facebook that people have designed and they look great. I have a logo but not sure how to incorporate this into the posters. Can anyone recommend an app or program? Many thanks

Do you have a laptop or computer? I would recommend InDesign and Photoshop/Gimp

I have vanilla pen on iOS it's great but I haven't worked out how to put my logo on, it goes on my fb tho so I don't really need the logo lol this is just a screenshot of a few I've made there are thousands of styles tho also pics art is a good one too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.4 KB
I have vanilla pen on iOS it's great but I haven't worked out how to put my logo on, it goes on my fb tho so I don't really need the logo lol this is just a screenshot of a few I've made there are thousands of styles tho also pics art is a good one too
Well there I was, thinking you used Carl for all these?!

Hi there, I am wanting to design my own posters and news feed posters on my Facebook but don't know where to start. I have used instaframe but want to have something a little more professional. I see lots of posters on Facebook that people have designed and they look great. I have a logo but not sure how to incorporate this into the posters. Can anyone recommend an app or program? Many thanks

You can have a play around first in Paint, just to get used to arranging text and images. Try finding a poster you like and recreating it, that's a good way to practice.

Nooo I had Karl for my logo flyers & biz cards.. That good are they! ;)
Yeah. They genuinely are! There I was thinking you were loaded by having Carl do all these different designs!!

Haha! :D Well chuffed with that!

There you go @whitesatin vanilla pen :)

I can't get to grips with gimp unfortunately, will give vanilla pen a go. Thanks all xx

Awww vanillapen is for iPhones. ..I have a Samsung :(

Awww vanillapen is for iPhones. ..I have a Samsung :(
Aw nooo! Get on eBay and buy a little iPod? Or lend someone's? I couldn't live without iOS lol maybe google what apps are similar :)

I use my iPad with Rhonna app and it's fab

I'm all for people having a go themselves if they've got the time and skill.

BUT :)

Please do have a read of the terms and conditions in many of those apps if you're using any of the designs for professional/business applications.

Many of them allow use for "personal use" only, as you have to use officially licensed fonts and images- if they're not. You can be sued.

Many of of those apps are for personal use (such as your own Facebook pages or blogs etc.) and NOT for professional businesses.

**This is why we did a law module as part of my design degree...it's a minefield ;)

Latest posts

Back