Desk light

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daffyxoxo

Sue
Reaction score
hi,
I need to buy a desk light for manicures, I can’t see well enough without one but not really sure what to get. Are any worse / better for your eyes and do any lights affect gel polish while it is being applied I.e. start curing it before it goes under the curing lamp?
Many thanks for any help you can give x

hi,
I need to buy a desk light for manicures, I can’t see well enough without one but not really sure what to get. Are any worse / better for your eyes and do any lights affect gel polish while it is being applied I.e. start curing it before it goes under the curing lamp?
Many thanks for any help you can give x

Hi,
From what I have read on UV radiation emitted from desk lights, some do and some don't emit that much UV radiation. A simple test you can do is if you have a cheap photovoltaic cell (solar panel) and see if it charges up at close range. If it does, then it is emitting some level of UV radiation. I know for example that one of my standard desk lamps that I use for computer work does activate an LED from one of my solar panels and it is a standard LED energy saver bulb. With regards to range, it is usually about a few cm so it might not affect gel from curing.

Higher end desk lamps for nail technicians might come with UV filters which absorb UV radiation being emitted so it would be best to read the technical specifications of the lamp in question.

Hi, thank you, I am probably worrrying unnecessarily...I’ll check the spec.

Latest posts

Back