Desperate for hair to grow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachylady

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I made a silly mistake and cut my hair short after spending 2 years growing it out! So annoyed with myself [emoji16] I'm taking biotin niacin vits c & e to help it grow but I've heard people say viviscal is THE supplement to take if you want to speed up hair growth. It's very expensive though - does anyone know if it really works (in their opinion?)
Also does anyone have any tips for how I can help it grow faster myself? Looked at YouTube vids & people mostly say wash it less to let the oils build up & massage the scalp.
Would really appreciate any help you can give.
Thank you [emoji3]

I had the same problem only my hair was falling out in handfuls and spent a fortune on Viviscal, nioxin etc I don't think it done anything to my hair! I took Dr Udos choice 3,6 &9 for 3 months and my hairdresser said my hair was like a completely different head of hair so I've stuck to them (cheaper versions aren't as good) they are great for skin, heart etc [emoji108]

Hope this helps

I had the same problem only my hair was falling out in handfuls and spent a fortune on Viviscal, nioxin etc I don't think it done anything to my hair! I took Dr Udos choice 3,6 &9 for 3 months and my hairdresser said my hair was like a completely different head of hair so I've stuck to them (cheaper versions aren't as good) they are great for skin, heart etc [emoji108]

Hope this helps

Thanks so much for your reply weefredd! That's amazing news about your hair! You must be thrilled :)
I haven't heard of that brand so am going to get googling straight away!

Any other ideas anyone?

I had never heard of Viviscal so I Googled it. The claims they make are based on only 11 clinical trials! I would expect a larger sample size before shelling out. Wouldn't you be better off putting the money towards some hair extensions?

I think I might end up going down the extension route eventually PicklePie but doesn't the hair need to be 4-5 inches long before you can add extensions? I don't know much about them so will have to do some research :)

I think I might end up going down the extension route eventually PicklePie but doesn't the hair need to be 4-5 inches long before you can add extensions? I don't know much about them so will have to do some research :)
Yes for extensions to be fitted correctly and safety the natural hair should be at least 4 inches long or long enough to be able to tie up in a small pony tail.

Thanks EmmaJaneW! What are they like to look after? I've heard people say they are tricky to blow dry, is that true? And how often would they need replacing? Love the idea of suddenly having long hair again but only if I could look after it properly [emoji3]

Thanks EmmaJaneW! What are they like to look after? I've heard people say they are tricky to blow dry, is that true? And how often would they need replacing? Love the idea of suddenly having long hair again but only if I could look after it properly [emoji3]
I admit they will take some getting use... Sometimes people find them hard to look after some don't. So long as you follow all aftercare instructions given from the extensionist you should be okay and if ever in doubt just ask of ask on here. Blow drying I don't find hard but then I'm doing it every day. Different methods have to be treated in different ways e.g you can't blow dry the bonds of keratin bonds because of the risk of melting them

I admit they will take some getting use... Sometimes people find them hard to look after some don't. So long as you follow all aftercare instructions given from the extensionist you should be okay and if ever in doubt just ask of ask on here. Blow drying I don't find hard but then I'm doing it every day. Different methods have to be treated in different ways e.g you can't blow dry the bonds of keratin bonds because of the risk of melting them
Thanks EmmaJaneW, that's really helpful [emoji106] Will look into it again when my hair is longer [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back