Desperate to start----bored!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helpimlost

Reaction score
Hiya,

Ive just finished college in June and I want to start up my own business but cant unitl I have my certificate through so I can get insurance.

Ive started the ball rolling with getting cards made up and hopefully I will start website proceedings soon, ive started buying bits and bobs materials wise but what else can I start doing whilst im waiting?

What about things like:

flyers, price lists, logos, researching your target market, business plan, research and price up advertising, check out your competitors, look on business link web site for workshops in your area, do you know which brands your going to use, get price lists from them.......and and and....

Is that enough to be going on with hehehe

Good luck :green:

If you have a bit of time to kill why not ask a local salon if you can do some work experience for a week or so, just washing things, cleaning up etc but at the same time you get to watch therapists in action and you might gain some valuable knowledge by being around clients and seeing how they react to things.

thats a really good idea, working with women can be hard, i want to start doing bridals any suggestions.
someone please help i am a newby to this site i am not so sure how to use it, dont know if my messages are being read or generally how to go about things on this site.

many thanks

javy

thats a really good idea, working with women can be hard, i want to start doing bridals any suggestions.
someone please help i am a newby to this site i am not so sure how to use it, dont know if my messages are being read or generally how to go about things on this site.

many thanks

javy

Hi Javy

Sometimes filling out your profile information can help a bit. Theres space on there to put a bit about you, what stage you (ie, looking to train, in training, trained but not working, working but broke, working and doing well etc lol) giving this info gives people an idea about you so they can advise.

For example if someone is highly trained but not working theres no use us giving you an idea of training courses to go on etc.

A lot of people check out profiles before they respond.

Hope this helps x

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for that yes that makes sense will do.

javy x

Latest posts

Back