desperatly need help !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpq

Reaction score
i know how annoying it is receiving threads from non-proffessionals, as i am a nail technician.
however i really need some hair colour advice!
i did some training as a hairdresser but im not going to say what i think because its most likley wrong!
i had purpley dark hair, then bleach flashes through it, then i went to a hairdresser, and she tried to repigment the blonde bits but it didnt work and instead started to fall out.
never in my experiance of dying my own hair, or someone else dying my hair has this happened and i have had some extreme hair colours!
after she realised this did not work she dyed all of my hair dark, and used a red dye for dark hair to put red flashes in my hair. after this my hair was dyed an all over dark red, and recently it has been lightened to a lighter red.
i really hate it! my roots are too light red, and some of it has not even taken.
i feel i probably have too much of a buildup of colour in my hair.
could i strip it? my hair is in suprisingly good conditiong. the bits of my hair that the stylist repigmented had fallen out so there are no bits like that in my hair now.
i had thoughts of putting a dark colour on my hair but i dont feel comfortable putting even more dye on top of my hair!
im not really comfortable about going to a hairdresser to get my hair coloured, because in all my experiances it has worked better by doing it myself!
any advice would reallly be appreciated, and yes i know, i am daft to have let my hair get this bad!
thanks!​

Hi , yes it does sound as though there is a lot of build up on the ends of your hair and has been over processed in the areas which are suffering breakage ,
if you were to do anything else to your hair I think you may be in danger of causing more damage to it ,

If you are naturally dark (as you don't say ) then I would ask your hairdresser to just even up your roots with a darker shade using a semi / quasi colour ,
which is better for the condition and you wont get root lift ,
then perhaps just to give your hair a break from colour and let it grow out ,

if you do go ahead and get anything done to your hair don't forget to have your skin tests

Also I would strongly recommend to ask for pieces of your hair to be tested first with the colour that you like
so you can see the result and any damage that could possibly occur before you go ahead

also could you tell me what the hairdresser was doing with the pigment over the blonde bits ? just a bit puzzled , :confused: be great if you could tell us a bit more :hug:

sorry i should have gave more info!
im naturally fair, hence why my roots are going a lot lighter red than the rest.

i had dark hair with blonde flashes in it, and i wanted more blonde in it, but i got told it would be nicer to dye the blonde bits red
to do this she said she would need to repigment the blonde darker before putting a red ontop as this would make it pink.
she put on the pigment stuff 3 times, and then it started to fall out :eek:
she then realised she could use magma red dye for dark hair and pick up some of the dark parts of my hair and turn then red with that, and dye over the blonde with a dark colour.

i wasnt really pleased with the results and ended up doing an all over red colour which was fab, but then i did it again with a lighter red which i regret as my roots are light red due to my fair hair and the rest is a mix.

i was really just wondering what would happen if i stripped it since i feel theres a lot of build up, maybe i should get rid of some of it before redying it?
or i have a darker red all over colour should i just put it on?!

sorry im annoying!

No you are not annoying at all ,
I'm just worried that you will end up with badly damaged hair as it already has some breakage from the strange pigmenting process :confused:

I can only recommend that anything that is now put on your hair will need a test piece first,
especially with stripping which is quite harsh on the hair , make sure you test piece it first then you will know what to expect ,
what sort of hair stripping process or product do you have in mind ?:hug:

i ended up just going over my hair.
i decided to use a box instead of professional colour. i used feria by loreal, its a plum red colour
its turned out fantastic and its lovley condition so im pleased :green:
thanks for the help though!!

i ended up just going over my hair.
i decided to use a box instead of professional colour. i used feria by loreal, its a plum red colour
its turned out fantastic and its lovley condition so im pleased :green:
thanks for the help though!!

Hiya Im so glad it turned out nice for you ,
I think all your hairdressing training came in handy after all , maybe you should take it back up again as you still seem to have the touch :hug: x

Hiya Im so glad it turned out nice for you ,
I think all your hairdressing training came in handy after all , maybe you should take it back up again as you still seem to have the touch :hug: x

haha! how lovley of you to say!
a few people have said i should try it again but i really dont think i could get back into it! i had to give it up because the people i worked with where horrible, my trainer had no patience and used to shout and swear at me, eventually i couldnt take it anymore and left. im training to do beauty therapy at the moment, which is a bigger passion so we'l see how that goes :)

sorry life story!
thanks again x

haha! how lovley of you to say!
a few people have said i should try it again but i really dont think i could get back into it! i had to give it up because the people i worked with where horrible, my trainer had no patience and used to shout and swear at me, eventually i couldnt take it anymore and left. im training to do beauty therapy at the moment, which is a bigger passion so we'l see how that goes :)

sorry life story!
thanks again x

Hiya again ,
what an awful experience for you,
and what an awful woman who swore at you (what a cow pat ) :eek: I totally understand what you went through,

Looking back I too had quite a few nasty senior stylists be horrible to me when I was a junior ,
it was a big place and juniors were treated like dirt,
I often wonder why I stuck it out as I was young and so unhappy there ,

I dont think they realise how just how confidence destroying they are,
still they must be so insecure in themselves to have to big themelves up
like that and treat another human bieng like dirt ,
I really have no time for nasty people like that ,

I wish you well in your new chosen beauty career ,
:hug: x good luck minky

Latest posts

Back