Destroyed nails - gel manicure help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelteeny

Reaction score
Hi! I have gotten my nails done for ages at Just For You Nails in Warren NJ (justforyounails.net for great ideas, including photos of my nails) by Amy (amazing) and my nails were always so strong and long. I just moved to Hatboro PA and had to get a new manicure. The salon I went to filed down the surface of my nails and now they are very thin. I don't know what else they did, but when a different salon tried to soak off the manicure, after 30 minutes it still wouldn't come off. They ripped off some of my nails in the process. My natural nails are now flaking, short and even thinner.

I just ordered a LED light and the Gelish basix set because now I am afraid. The question I have is if there is anything I can do to strengthen my nails while they grow out - like a double coat of base or extra coats of color? If I ever had a nail problem, I know Amy would sometimes put on a thicker coat of Axxium - do you recommend this?

Appreciate any thoughts you have - thank you so much!

Order some ibx and ibx repair these products are amazing and incredible, I've strengthen so many clients that have come to me with nails that have been filed down and have been so damaged with years of acrylic abuse. It's brilliant stuff. I have nothing to do with the company and I own a nail salon.

Order some ibx and ibx repair these products are amazing and incredible, I've strengthen so many clients that have come to me with nails that have been filed down and have been so damaged with years of acrylic abuse. It's brilliant stuff. I have nothing to do with the company and I own a nail salon.

She might struggle to do that..

Latest posts

Back