Dia colour too dark!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinkle2012

Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone else found the new dia light too dark? I used light brown on a client who I used to use brown on and it came out like a dark brown? I used the universal colour releaser and left it on for a bit longer than recommended but would have done that with the old dia colour? She has a bit of grey that the old dia colour used to colour. Now I don't know what to use next time?

Hi,
I used to use the milkshake shades as toners, my clients loved them and it brought in a lot of business for me. At the start of the year when they changed the packaging I asked my wholesaler if that was all that was changed and they told me yes.
Proceeded to use 9.02 Pearl Milkshake as normal, and it came out a completely different shade! I was gutted, first of all because my client had roots that did match mid lengths and ends! And secondly because I no longer wanted to use the range since the shades were different :( xx

Hi guys, I'm going to change when my old didia colour (pink tubes) run out. I understand there are three different releasers-with the new dia light instead of just the one with old pink tubes. Now I'm confused as to which to use? The old releaser was same % as a universal releaser these new ones I'm guessing are for different depths/toning etc.so maby you used wrong strength! I'm confused about it myself. Going to ask at college just signed up for level 3 and we will be using loreal so going to ask advice there before I use them x

Dia light is designed for coloured or sensitised hair. The toners are great! I always has dia colour 4.15 but when I tried it in dia light it came out like a 3. Soon faded but spoke to rep and she said to mix anything with a .1 with a bit of clear or a 1/4 of a lighter base as they do grab especially with 6 vol

Dia richesse (pink tubes) are for virgin hair or up to 70% grey coverage.
You follow these rules with developers
6- really pushing tone in (ie colour correction those who like a hint of blue) or darkening virgin hair, highly processed hair using dia light
9- 50 % grey coverage, same level
15- up to 70% grey coverage, to make reds brighter and 1 shade lift.
We never really reach for 9...
Oh clear is great for softening tones :) I love dia colour always have.
NEVER MIX PINK AND BLUE BOXES THOUGH AS WILL GO TOO DARK OR WASH OUt

Thanks for that. I think I need to get the instruction out and really read up on the 3 developers. I really want to keep using dia colour as have always been really happy with it in the past. I just feel it has knocked my confidence when it didn't work the way I had planed. X

Glad I found this... 7.23 came out really dark, even though its the shade I've always used, shall I mix it with a bit of 8 then??x x

Glad I found this... 7.23 came out really dark, even though its the shade I've always used, shall I mix it with a bit of 8 then??x x

Dia richesse or dia light?
Is it on virgin hair or coloured?
Grey?

Richesse I think pink not blue.
It was to freshen up mid lengths and ends!x x

Should have been fine but the pink ones really are for virgin-grey hair.
If I'm doing mid length freshen up with dia colour I use a dia light in target shade with 6 but if the hair is really porous I use 1/4 shade lighter (1/4 8 in your case) and 9 developer.
We have found 7.23 really dark though! Think its the violet :)

What developer would you recommend for dia light as a lowlight with bleach? So the new pink tubes are never to be used on coloured hair at all. I'm sorry if I'm asking a load of questions I'm so glad I found this thread as was asking these questions a while back and now they are getting answered x

Nope pink tubes are for grey hair or natural hair. Although I've used it on mine with no problems and I've coloured mine for 15 years lol.
6vol darkening, toning, sensitised hair
9vol for same level, grey hair (up to 50%)
12vol 70% grey hair and intensifying reds.
I use 6 for really pushing tone into bleached hair. Would chose dia light over anything else for low lighting bleach

15 not 12 lol xx and its also for resistant hair

Thank you so much for your help you have cleared up a lot of confusion for me x

Latest posts

Back